eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

sale with delete or mark paid, but no payment?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baystatejem

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: sale with delete or mark paid, but no payment? Reply with quote

hi, all. this has happened several times before, and i deleted after a while.

it happened again: sale on 9/17, paypal chosen for payment, delete or mark paid as options, no payment in my paypal account.

what makes this happen?

once before, i emailed the buyer, and never heard from her again.

is this some sort of attempt at fraud?

thanks for your help in advance.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check to see if the name and the address matched? Did it sound like a made up name? Some do fake buys and those kind of thing give them away.

It could be the buyer changed her mind before approving the payment at paypal. And hence didn't bother to respond.

It could be the buyer isn't too familiar with computers and missed the final authorization of money transfer and the email you sent ended up in her spam folder and she didn't see it.

I'll ask one more thing, do you have a merchant account? If you don't and the customer paid with credit card, you won't receive the payment until you change your PayPal account to a premier or business account (merchant account).
baystatejem

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, ac. thanks for coming to my rescue again.

i would have just waited a few days and delete it, or

i would have emailed the potential buyer to remind him/her that the transaction fell through for some reason,

either of which i have done before.

the possibilities you suggest match what i have suspected.

one more story for those who are reading this:

in one occasion, the buyer's IP address was either 00 000 0 or 1.111.11 or something like that, obviously not a genuine address. and the payment was "denied" by google. without noticing the "denied" part and out of excitment of having a sale at ecrater, i hurriedly emailed the poser alerting him that the transaction was incomplete. soon after, i started getting a whole host of new spam emails. coincidence? i have been weary of emailing anyone since. am i paranoid?
acread

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you had to upgrade the account? Did you receive the payment?
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
in one occasion, the buyer's IP address was either 00 000 0 or 1.111.11 or something like that, obviously not a genuine address

It is possible to HIDE your IP address and that is what will make it appear like that.

When I get a NON-Paid order that is marked as PayPal - I invoice it in PayPal. Because the customer has to enter their PP password or the cc info on a page they did not put the url in themself many get scared off and don't continue the payment.
So if you invoice it, they get an email from PP and log in and see the invoice right there on PP and many times they will pay it.
baystatejem

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
Quote:
in one occasion, the buyer's IP address was either 00 000 0 or 1.111.11 or something like that, obviously not a genuine address

It is possible to HIDE your IP address and that is what will make it appear like that.

When I get a NON-Paid order that is marked as PayPal - I invoice it in PayPal. Because the customer has to enter their PP password or the cc info on a page they did not put the url in themself many get scared off and don't continue the payment.
So if you invoice it, they get an email from PP and log in and see the invoice right there on PP and many times they will pay it.

how do you invoce through paypal? i went to my paypal account and there was no trace of that particular "potential" buyer.

edit: aha, using their email address? never done that before.

pps: also, would love to know how to conceal my ip address. sometimes, i wish i knew how...

Last edited by baystatejem on Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:49 am; edited 2 times in total
baystatejem

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:
so you had to upgrade the account? Did you receive the payment?

no, ac, i didn't upgrade the account, as no one so far wanted to use my merchant account, if you mean "paying with their credit card over the phone so that i could process the card manually on my machine" as i do not have the merchant account through google but one at our B&M store. i hope i am making any sense to you...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: