eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Guide to shipping options
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noadi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Guide to shipping options Reply with quote

I've been putting together this guide to using the various shipping options with the pros and cons for each. In particular I cover some of the common problems people have with the shipping matrix. I hope it's useful for people.

http://www.squidoo.com/ecrater-shipping
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theswordguys

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted on your squidoo too but that was a great guide, it helped me with a major problem i didn't realize i had till i read your guide and went oooooohhhh.
noadi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'd been thinking about doing it for a while and finally got around to it.
Abbystreasures

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Fixed shipping items are showing up as calculated Reply with quote

I've been filling out the listing form using fixed shipping as shown below as as you show in your thread, but on the item listing, it is showing up as calculated.

Ex- Weight---1 (if I don't fill this in I get an error)
shipping * fixed
$1.50, etc
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read your lens. You state that you can switch back and forth between fixed, free, and matrix. I understand how you switch between fixed and free but how do you use the matrix if you would like to switch the fixed to matrix but keep the free shipping?

I recently started including worldwide shipping on items that can ship in a padded or Kraft envelope. But I can't do that with packages without either penalizing myself or NA buyers in order to attract international buyers and they are an important % of my business.

Will the matrix only kick in when nothing else is indicated?
noadi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can mix the 3 options in the same store quite easily, "Weight Dependable" is the shipping matrix, select that to use the matrix on any item, select the others for free or fixed. Fixed shipping of course only works in the US and Canada so if you select fixed you get fixed for those areas but must have the matrix filled out for any other country you ship to because that's what it will default to.
ABCellars

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: Guide to shipping options Reply with quote

noadi wrote:
I've been putting together this guide to using the various shipping options with the pros and cons for each. In particular I cover some of the common problems people have with the shipping matrix. I hope it's useful for people.

http://www.squidoo.com/ecrater-shipping

A very nice guide. Thank you for your time and efforts to put this together and maintain it.
thepaperdoll

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Great Thanks Reply with quote

Great help, thank you.... Very Happy It was very basic and straight forward, I appreciate that. This information certainly takes somes of the stress out of setting up online.
VosaStyleEmporium

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely written! It's very easy to follow, and thank you for posting that. I have yet to venture into "the matrix", but when I do, I'll refer to your Squidoo lens. I've bookmarked it as a fave Very Happy
IncredibleClutter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, noadi!
My shipping is a mess... Bookmarked your guide to go through after More Coffee.

It's already cleared up a few things for me, after just a quick read-through.
UknowUneedAnother

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noadi wrote:
You can mix the 3 options in the same store quite easily, "Weight Dependable" is the shipping matrix, select that to use the matrix on any item, select the others for free or fixed. Fixed shipping of course only works in the US and Canada so if you select fixed you get fixed for those areas but must have the matrix filled out for any other country you ship to because that's what it will default to.

Hi, I've been inactive for awhile because of family health obligations and am trying to re-educate myself PRIOR to ramping up my shop. If I add Canada as a destination, will the Canadian shoppers automatically be charged what I have listd as my "flat rate shipping", or is there something further that I would need to do?

I have browsed through the UK and Australia store info, and haven't figured out the matrix yet, so haven't tackled any type of international listings. When I was reading through the UK and Aussie threads, I saw posts where sellers wre saying that shipping was registering as $0.00.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very informative. I wish that would have been available back when I was trying to figure out the matrix based shipping for one of my stores with items that are practically all the same weight.
UknowUneedAnother

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just re read your guide, ... Razz It's beginning to make sense!!!!

Thank you for writing it!
UknowUneedAnother

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished my 3rd reading of the tutorial.

The actual filled in chart showed:

US
Alaska
Hawaii
Canada

as examples and had the same $ value for each depending upo the weight. Can the $ value be changed per destination?

For example:

If I set up

US
Alaska
Hawaii
Canada
UK
Australia

Can I put higher $ values for the areas that are going to be more than US and Canada?

Some of my items are weighty, and the chart goes past 16 pounds. How would I set up safeguards for international pricing, to cover the possibility of multiple boxes if the end result packages go past the 4 lb. 1st class limit?

Lastly, a bit of clarification based on Maggiethecat's Q. For the shipping "options" to kick in, would that entail ME choosing a given shipping method per given item? For example:

If I have an item that goes past the 4 lb limit, can I set those up to be US only, and have this given item offered at a flat rate, with international buyers being prohibited from making a purchase?

OR, is offering International an all or nothing, based upon the countries you choose to add?

Your tutorial was wonderful! It was very clear, and explained things that have thrown me for a loop, since day one. Thank you!
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UknowUneedAnother wrote:
Some of my items are weighty, and the chart goes past 16 pounds. How would I set up safeguards for international pricing, to cover the possibility of multiple boxes if the end result packages go past the 4 lb. 1st class limit?

If I remember correctly, there are also dimensional limits on First Class International. Checking the IMM I found this ...
Quote:
241.242 Dimensions - Other Than Rolls
Packages (small packets) other than rolls must be within the following dimensions:
a. Maximum length: 24 inches. Length is the longest dimension.
b. Maximum length, height, and depth (thickness) combined: 36 inches.
c. Minimum size: Large enough to accommodate the postage, address,
customs form, and other required elements on the address side.

Watch out for the 36 inches mentioned in b.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: