eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

What is your favorite Brand Name Fragrance?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
abouturface

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: What is your favorite Brand Name Fragrance? Reply with quote

Hi,
This is sort of a 2 edged sword. First I just opened my ecrater store and I am attempting to sell fragrances. However, second it would be nice to have some feedback on what is popular, trendy, best loved and so forth.
Since I am new to ecrater I am not sure that this is the best place for this post. If it isn't let me know. Yet, I would like to know what perfumes everybody likes.
So, let me know if you care to or not. Thanks.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bal a Versailles used to be my favorite and Joy after that. Now I'm fragrance sensitive and have to leave a room if someone comes in wearing it. Otherwise I get a screaming, blinding headache. I miss fragrance. Used to love it and considered it as essential as my undies.
yellowrose

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: What is your favorite Brand Name Fragrance? Reply with quote

I love Red by Georgio, Dazzling Gold and Youth Dew by Estee Lauder. I get a lot of compliements on all three. A friend of mine at work wears Chanel No. 5 and it smells wonderful on her but not on me. Other friends at work uses other brands. We all love different brands and names. That is what makes us all so unique.

Good luck with your sales.

I used to square dance a lot. There was a lady who was allergic to fragrances. If she smelled your perfume, she would not get in the same square with you. One day I walked into the restroom and she was telling a lady who was putting hair spary on her hair that she was allergic to hair spray. It made me wonder how she could ever go anywhere. JMO.

However, I must add I know what it is like to have headaches. I often wake up during the night with a spliting headache. I think mine are tension. This morning I woke up at 1:00 am with one and it has lasted all day. So, I know......

Last edited by yellowrose on Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
abouturface

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thank you for responding. I only have one of those that you ladies listed and that is because RED is one of my all time favorites. I go back to it every winter. I can't wear Chanel #5 either, but it was my mom's favorite. I hope I get more responses.
If you are going to sell something it is good to know what people love. Thank you again. Smile
thepatternpalace

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm cheap......I like "Lucky You" My daughter wears it and after she left for the military I bought a bottle and started wearing it just to think of her but now I love it.
abouturface

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine wears Lucky and it smells really wonderful and fresh on her, but I think it smells like bug spray on me. Yuck! The lotion smells nice on me though, so figure. It must be the conbination of the alcohol and the fragrance together that doesn't blend with my chemistry.
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything musk oil ends up smelling rancid in just a few minutes.
Heavy floral scents set me to sneezing.

My favorite was Tatiana by Diane VonFustenberg. I haven't seen it ages.

I'm not one for trendy -- I opted in to the natural look (no makeup) and tend to do the same when it comes to fragrances. My taste in clothes tends to be conservative.

Although there was a time when I wanted to put a purple streak in my hair...
abouturface

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyreeTrading wrote:
Anything musk oil ends up smelling rancid in just a few minutes.
Heavy floral scents set me to sneezing.

My favorite was Tatiana by Diane VonFustenberg. I haven't seen it ages.

I had forgotton all about that one even though it was one I had a long time ago. It smelled nice, but wasn't my style. It is still available, so I will add it to my inventory in my sister store. Other shoppers may be looking for it. Thanks for the idea.
desertgraceboutiqueplus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite is Liz Claiborne (in the red triangle bottle). I won't wear anything else. Very Happy
abouturface

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a really nice fragrance. I like it too. Realities is nice as well. I have only found it in either the yellow or the blue triangle bottle. What is the difference? Is the red bottle perfume?
MyBigGarageSale

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still working on a bottle of Shalimar that some forgotten young man bought me 30 years ago. My favorite fragrance is "clean" Very Happy
DazzlingDesignsbyDina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My all time favorite is Beautiful.
YardSaleBargains

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like Beautiful by Estee Lauder which I only wear on special occasions or when I go out somewhere nice because it's costly.

My everyday use is Alyssa Ashley White Musk. It's light and I get a lot of compliments on it. (It's getting hard to find though - maybe you will sell it in your store)!

Michelle
Yard Sale Bargains

Smile
yellowrose

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: What is your favorite Brand Name Fragrance? Reply with quote

I think Estee Lauder has some of the best fragrances. I also love Beautiful. Another lady I work with wears Knowing - not sure if that is spelled correctly. (I think it is by Estee Lauder, too). It has a wonderful fragrance.
abouturface

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the tips Reply with quote

I couldn't find Alyssa Ashley White Musk only Alyssa Ashley Musk. Jovan has a fragrance called White Musk. I will list the Alyssa Ashley Musk in my sister store too. I will list Clean Original as well. I sure do appreciate all the tips you ladies are giving me. I wouldn't have thought of some of these fragrances at all.
My supplier has thousands to choose from so it's nice to have some idea what people like.
If anyone has any more tips or even favorite men's fragrances I could sure use the feedback.
Oh and in case you want to see my sister store it's address is http://www.pinknpretty.ecrater.com
Well, thank you again for the help. Have to resume work. Rolling Eyes
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: