eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Checkout VS Paypal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jklbooksupply

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Google Checkout VS Paypal Reply with quote

I've searched the topics and threads and I must be missing this discussion.

I have a newly created store. I've set up PayPal but also would like to add Google Checkout.

When I do that, will they both be an option for my customers or do I have to choose one or the other for my store?

I like the fact that paypal payments are almost immediately available to me for paying shipping/mailing products but I also see the benefits of having Google Checkout.

Is there an existing store with both options so I can see what it looks like to the customer?

Thanks for your help. I love eCrater's community....you guys are a wealth of information!!!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you enable both then both will be options for the customers. Both PayPal and Google Checkout logos will show on product pages. However, once they get to the checkout screen they'll see the choices of Google Checkout and Alternative Checkout (which is where PayPal and any other options are hidden).
acread

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Google Checkout VS Paypal Reply with quote

jklbooksupply wrote:
I've searched the topics and threads and I must be missing this discussion.

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=21979
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=14229
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=17838
Quote:
I have a newly created store. I've set up PayPal but also would like to add Google Checkout.

When I do that, will they both be an option for my customers or do I have to choose one or the other for my store?

They will both be available and the customer gets to choose which one they want to use for payment.
Quote:
I like the fact that paypal payments are almost immediately available to me for paying shipping/mailing products but I also see the benefits of having Google Checkout.

Is there an existing store with both options so I can see what it looks like to the customer?

There are quite a few. You can click on the www button on my post to see it in my store.
jklbooksupply

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:23 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the information and advice. I've set up my GCO and it was easier than I thought. Once verified I'm ready to go.

Have a great day everyone!!
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google checkout also gives you near immediate access to your money. They automatically ship it to your bank. I think they hold new accounts money a few weeks but once you get established it is fast. At PP you have to request your money or use an ATM card. Both work as quickly as modern technology allows.
caljackscollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get your money about as fast with each. Google sends it to your bank account within 2 or so days. It takes 2 or 3 days to have money in your account at PP sent to your bank.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: