eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

what about a courtesy discount when buying from each other ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
snowflakememories

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: what about a courtesy discount when buying from each other ? Reply with quote

I' ll be more than glad to offer a special discount to our fellow sellers on eCrater and I thought it could become a nice "courtesy" practice between ourselves.
I' d like to hear from you what do you think about it.

I have in mind a 10-20% discount on the listed price to eCrater owners with some gentleman agreement rules to avoid misuse.

I' m selling top quality sewing thread and there are many eCrater stores who could use good thread for their crafts at the best price in the market.
Punchneedle is the hot craft of the moment.
I need to mention that I also can sell wholesale to businesses that can provide me with a tax number from their State and place an initial minimum order of $50.00.

Please let me know your opinion, suggestions on the best way to implement the idea (before the Holidays), thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ebetterbargains

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds great i have no problems with a discount to the great folks at ecrater. Everyone is so helpful here and that would be a good way to give back to the "community". We would just need to find out how to do this in a way other than refunding the difference. Which seems like the only way so far. Since anyone that goes to ecrater dot com can read the forum and can say they own a site, we would have to be absolutely sure they are actually ecrater site owners. If we get this going i'd be willing to go 5-15% off depending on items and price. Thanks for your time! Wink
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure their is a sure way to verify an ecrater.com buyer as a seller here - except
if they use the same email address they have posted on their contact page
or
use ask the seller a question and say Hi I am so in so and my ecrater store is and you check it out that way.
That would assure they are a seller and not an empty store that signed up and never started or just use that store as a posting id.

Quote:
Since anyone that goes to ecrater dot com can read the forum and can say they own a site,

Not 100% true - they had to at least sign up for a store. It could be empty with no intention of being used - but they do have to sign up to post here.

Quote:
would just need to find out how to do this in a way other than refunding the difference.

IF the buyer used the ask a seller a question and said I want to buy this and gave their store name - then the seller send them a PayPal invoice for the discounted amount NO REFUND would be neccessary. BUT then if you want feedback you can't get it using this method.
If it's paid by paypal and the store name noted in the NOTES area of the order. And a proper PayPal refund is done for the discount at least you don't pay fees on the refunded portion. HOWEVER, last I knew google buys did not (don't know if that changed) return fees on refunded amounts.

Anyone else of any other ideas on how we can make this work among us?
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people use paypal and identify themselves in the message area when they make the payment, I will send a refund of 10% of the total merchandise (not shipping) as soon as I verify that the ecrater store is active.

I send paypal refunds all the time for combined shipping refunds.

I would just like some sales I could refund. It is Saharan out there.
ClothesAtHand

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be willing to give a 10% discount to sellers.

But, since I haven't sold anything yet, I really don't know how it would work with invoicing and/or refund. I haven't read or seen anything about feedback. Where does your feedback score show up?
snowflakememories

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are still trying to figure out a good way of doing the rebate, if one of the eCrater store owners just send me a question through "ask seller a question" link from my page, I will verify and give the discount, until Christmas 20 %.
The discount will be either a Paypal refund or a check in the mail along with the merchandise.

Where you get the feedback ? open one of your items and you will see your feedback, here is the link to yours, as an example:

http://clothesathand.ecrater.com/view-feedback.php?storeid=13554
ClothesAtHand

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if the seller sends a PM? We would know they have an account and would then be able to go check their profile and see if they have an active store?

In my case, I'm not that concerned about it. Like I said, I haven't sold anything yet... I'd be willing to give anyone 10% off.

I may also do 20% off for the month of Dec.

I know feedback is important, but I would probably just send a revised invoice from PayPal. Seems the easiest.
wahm922

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll offer 10% off any custom order on this ID Wink
Sunshine Designs
http://wahm922.ecrater.com

On hold for the holidays!

This one I'll offer $1.00 off the first item and no additional shipping on the second item.
Full Moon Intimates
http://plussizelingerie.ecrater.com

On hold for the holidays!

And 10% off on this one:
eCloset Clothing and More
http://shop-ecloset.ecrater.com

And the books I can only offer about 5% off, I've already got very low shipping.
Books4Sale
http://books4sale.ecrater.com

Anything here you see, make an offer:

http://picasaweb.google.com/wahm922/ClearanceSale

Last edited by wahm922 on Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
breezeauctions

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Ecrater member discounts Reply with quote

I would be willing to give Ecrater members a 10 % discount on items for the month of december. I believe in helping fellow entrepreneurs. Checkout my site www.breezeauctions.ecrater.com
EtchingsandCollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are extending a 10% off the purchase price (excluding shipping)
to all eCrater store owners.
Just PM us with the link to your store. If instant payment via PayPal we will refund the 10% to your account.
Money orders or cashiers checks, just deduct the 10%.
This a offer is good anytime.
We have great combined shipping rates.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my offer --

I want to offer you 10% off everything on our website at www.BigNTallMensClothing.com til the end of 2006! The more you order the more you save! This does not apply to the jeans offer below.

Currently I am offering $10 off the purchase of 2 pairs of jeans or $16 off the purchase of 3 pairs of jeans. Just place your order PM ME HERE and wait for a corrected PayPal invoice. You will save on shipping too. Shipping for 2 pairs is $15, shipping on 3 pairs is $20.00. Shipped quoted for within the USA. Offer good til December 10th!

Thanks again for this great opportunity!
www.BigNTallMensClothing.com
yellowrose

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:29 am    Post subject: What about a Courtesy Discount When Buying From Each Other? Reply with quote

I am offering a 10% discount off the purchase price (excluding shipping)
to all eCrater store owners.

Just PM with the link to your store. If payment is by Paypal, please wait for the adjusted invoice from Paypal.

If payment is by money order, deduct the 10%. This offer is extended through the end of December 2006.
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also be willing to give a 10% discount to ecrater store owners on orders over $5(excluding shipping) thru the month of December.Click on the ask seller a question link and send me the url to your store and what you want to buy and I will send you a paypal invoice.Not needed to pay thur paypal as we also accept money orders.Thanks and Happy holidays
MiasBoutique

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Mia's Boutique When you purchase $50.00, or more you will receive a gift that values up to $15.00
We'd love to see you! There are so many items such as; some really great gift baskets with robes/ghirardelli chocolates, high end cosmetics and so much more....ttfn Mia
HandcraftedDollsbyLu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, I think I am going to put all of my Christmas dolls and quilts on sale after Thanksgiving. I'd really like to move the Christmas items. I have not decided on the specifics yet, but I will extend an every bigger discount to all eCrater store owners. When I've figured it out, I will post.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Lu
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: