eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

NON Paying Bidder
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i've received 2 emails from scammers

PLEASE becareful how you use that word - scammer.

A scammer by definition is a swindler: a person who swindles you by means of deception or fraud

Using the word scammer is opening you up to a liablity law suit.

Someone that places an order and does not pay is NOT a scammer!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
skywayimages

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Folks....come on. Reply with quote

I think that anybody can spot a scam a mile away. Online shopping prolly has a 5 to 10% scammer population.

That's just a part of doing business. Not to get ripped-off, but to anticipate 1 out of 10 potential sales is bogus.

I post product on another site (several, actually). I received e-mails such as this... "Please sir for me you send item to me for price you ask sir. I send much US funds to buy. What is you US address for my freend to pick up. include you home address and bank acount info for please."

Ummmmm, yeah. OK. Let me send this clown some info for a $15.00 purchase. How does the guy know that I'm a "Sir"? I might be a "Ma'am. Hell, maybe I'm a hermaphrodite and a sirmamm! Duh. I dumped the e-mail.

One Hour later! I received a HUGE order. Multiple product, low profit, but the products added up. Guy paid via paypal. Cha ching! Everything was kosher. $$$ went through...items shipped. Guy was thrilled at what he got for what he paid. No feedback but so what!

My point is that for every attempted nonsensical purchase, there just might be a MONSTER legitimate purchase floating out there.

I'm not that religious, but remember the quote, "harden not thy heart".

www.skywayimages.ecrater.com
www.skywayimages.com
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:27 am    Post subject: Liable Suit a Bit Over the Top! Reply with quote

To liable someone you would have to name the person and it would have to be proven to cause the person harm.

I looked back and didn't see a seller name mentioned - so unless you plan to publish the name and address in the newspaper I think you have no worry about a liable suit.

I do believe there is an element out there just waiting to put one over. I have dealt with several that would fall into the "scam" definition.

Mary
www.cuteasabug.biz
www.cuteasabug.ecrater.com
theebookcellar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Buyers should register..and have their track record recorded Reply with quote

I've had a few non-paying buyers. They don't care because there is no system in place to leave them negative feedback. Feedback is a great incentive to keep people honest. Buyers and Sellers. I have to say I am getting fairly discouraged. Although this is a great site...and free, I still feel like I'm on the Island of Misfit Toys Sad There are a lot of great stores here, unfortunately there are not a lot of great buyers that frequent this site. I'm sure it's because ecrater is relatively new...not well known enough, we don't have the feedback listed to show how "honest" we are, and many feel that EBay is the familiar, safer route for Christmas shopping. Maybe next year will be different. Wink
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Use "About Me" Reply with quote

I have used the About Me section to introduce myself and my ID from Feebay along with 100% feedback to attempt to give a certain amount of trust and comfort level to the buyer.

In addition; my ID name has not changed from store to store which I think helps.

Like most things, it will take time to build a customer base. I just hope to stay solvent in the meantime.

Mary
www.cuteasabug.biz
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Buyers should register..and have their track record reco Reply with quote

TheEBookCellar wrote:
There are a lot of great stores here, unfortunately there are not a lot of great buyers that frequent this site. I'm sure it's because ecrater is relatively new...not well known enough, we don't have the feedback listed to show how "honest" we are, and many feel that EBay is the familiar, safer route for Christmas shopping.

It's because, contrary to there being a main eCrater shopping page, eCrater really just isn't that type of place. There isn't much built-in traffic and I don't believe there will be much more a year from now because the sellers who are doing the best are doing so because they're promoting their own store and not eCrater as a whole. It's a lot of work.
castlegifts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused That was the reason I quit selling on ecrater the first time. I only had 4 sales and each one never paid. That was in the beginning of ecraters start up. I have come back in hopes that things have changed regarding non payers.

With my other selling venues that I use I had one person not pay so far and that is within about 100 or more sales online.

This was the only place that I had sales, but no one paid.
skywayimages

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Buyers should register..and have their track record reco Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
[...because the sellers who are doing the best are doing so because they're promoting their own store and not eCrater as a whole. It's a lot of work.

I agree (essentially) with what you are saying, but look...we SELLERS need to add links here & there to ecrater. Let's get some folks surfing through here. If they don't buy something from ME, maybe you're selling a product they like and they'll buy. I love competition and I love foot (mouse?) traffic.

I like ecrater and I try to do my part. I sell stuff that appeals to the Harley crowd. I'm a Harley guy (95 FLHTC) and go to lots of runs and scooter shops. HD people "tend" to be a skeptical bunch...so be it. I belong to 2 chatboards that specifically are HD boards. I've made sales from those boards.

I might not be the parent of a small child that might shop at the "cuteasabug" store, but maybe one of my leather coat buying HD moms, will want a few dresses for her kid. Right on!

So if YOU get a sale...I SHARE your victory. It's a karma thing.

So if you are selling "widgets"...get them in here. Maybe your buyer is also an HD guy-girl and they'll shop me too.

Let's all do our part to keep this shopping mall solvent.
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:55 pm    Post subject: 1993 Sportster Reply with quote

Skyway - look what I have been reduced to? sold my HD in 1998 so hubby could have a 62 Corvette.

I agree with you and have a question if anyone can answer.

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=518079

The link above shows seller feedback (found this while on Froogle) and it takes you to a feedback screen.

Per usual, I'm lost - I didn't think we had feedback.

Mary
www.cuteasabug.biz
skywayimages

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 1993 Sportster Reply with quote

cuteasabug wrote:
Skyway - look what I have been reduced to? sold my HD in 1998 so hubby could have a 62 Corvette.

Heehee! Ya sold your 93 snortster to get hubby a Vette! QUACK!

This is the BEST time of the year to buy a scoot. Hope ya sell a ton of dresses, make scads of money and buy yerself a Dynaglide.

Best of luck!

www.skywayimages.ecrater.com
www.skywayimages.com
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Per usual, I'm lost - I didn't think we had feedback.

Each item listed has the View Sellers Feedback link.The only ones who can leave feedback are the ones who pay thru Paypal and Goggle checkout,tho.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The only ones who can leave feedback are the ones who pay thru Paypal and Goggle checkout,tho.

IF and only IF they pay instantly.
They can't wait and comeback later to do it.
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: How would they know? Reply with quote

How in the world would they know at that point?

Mary
www.cuteasabug.biz
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: How would they know? Reply with quote

cuteasabug wrote:
How in the world would they know at that point?

Mary
www.cuteasabug.biz

They don't have to leave the feedback at that time. They get the link to leave it at that time. If payment is not paid instantly, ecrater.com does not know it was paid.
If you send a PP invoice and they pay from that - ecrater.com has no clue that took place. ecrater.com only knows if they proceeded to PP from placing the order.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

castlegifts wrote:
Confused That was the reason I quit selling on ecrater the first time. I only had 4 sales and each one never paid. That was in the beginning of ecraters start up. I have come back in hopes that things have changed regarding non payers.

I'm curious, castle -- what changes do you hope have been made? There's nothing to prevent anyone from setting up a fake order but I think that's really just part of selling online. I'm pretty sure that problem will always be around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: