eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How I spent my day

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: How I spent my day Reply with quote

Here's some history.

Friday afternoon I filled my gas tank. Park the car in the garage. Saturday I drove the car 3 blocks to the grocery store and home. Monday I drove to the post office again 3 blocks. I noticed my gas tank was down almost half a tank and a warning light had come on. Didn't recognize the light so got out my car book and it said that indicated something serious could be wrong to take the car for a check up.

So today was my appointment with the car doctor. When I left the keys with the service person I said be gentle someone siphoned the gas out of the tank on the weekend. She looked and said the cap is off.

You know that little cord that connects your gas cap to the car? It connects it to the car computer. So not only did the thief take about 30 bucks worth of gas, it cost me $275 to get a locking gas cap installed, plus the car checked out to make sure no damage was done.

So please if you are prone to helping yourself to other peoples gas, at least have the courtesy to replace the cap when you've filled your can.

Then I got home just in time to watch the Biden-Palin debate. And I still hadn't had enough punishment so I watched a replay of the Canadian debate. You Yanks think you've got a historic election coming up. We've got 5 candidates including a woman who makes more sense than the rest combined.

Hope your day was better.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I knew that if you don't put that gas cap on EXTREMELY tight that your CHECK ENGINE light will come on -- actually sometimes it's a different light but I can't remember what it says.

This summer when I drove straight through to Chicago only stopping for gas and potty breaks by the time I got there this weird light was on my dash. I thought do I take it in or wait til I get home - 15 days later driving alot durning that time (3500 miles total in them 15 days)
I decided NOT to take it in while in Chicago.

GLAD I didn't waste the money because
The altitude in Colorado is HIGH (obvisously). Chicago is low.
so the light comes on so you get the air thingy adjusted
BUT that would mean when I got back home it would be on again and I would AGAIN have to pay for the computer analyis to be done to adjust it back. That would have cost me a minium of $225 EACH TIME!
thelittledame

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the gas thief but thank you for all the info. Twice our light came on that the engine needed to be checked then it went off. Both times it was after we had filled up, now I know why. I'll keep an eye on the gas cap after we fill up and make sure its on right. hope your days have been getting better. I always enjoy your comments in the Lounge. I love your honesty.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelittledame wrote:
I love your honesty.

After a certain age there is no point in kidding yourself so it spills over. Out of the mouths of babes and seniors come words of wisdom.
thelittledame

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Very Happy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: