eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

shipping
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoyaEssentials

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: shipping Reply with quote

how on earth or where for that matter would i go to set up my shipping through google checkout, i have read all the material on the API callbacks and what-not and they just dont make any sence what so ever! HELP Mad
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do NOT set up shipping on Google Checkout. You sent u your shipping on your items within your store.
acread

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to set up your shipping at eCrater. After the customer leaves checkout you cannot charge additional money. That could get you in trouble. Make sure to correct it in PayPal as well.

So no you cannot set up shipping at Google Checkout. Google will only charge the buyer the number given to it by the checkout process of your store.
JoyaEssentials

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, so say i want to just stick with my paypal account only, how do I make it charge every order $10, i tried a test run but at ecrater it stops at the total of the item and i dont know what paypal does because i cant purchase anything on that account because i am also the seller, so i dont know if paypal even charges the $10 that i set up.

I read on a forum that was posted that you could use the shipping matrix, but when i tried that it would charge the customer a good 7 or 8 hundred dollars for a silly order of just over 50 or so..... all i want is a flat charge to every oreder (which is what the other person had asked a question about, but the answer they recieved didnt work or im somethin close to crazy and did it wrong) im gettin a little discouraged here on eCRATER Embarassed but I will stick with it because i know nothing comes without work and time.
JoyaEssentials

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry i forgot something, If i am able to use paypal with the $10 per shipment is it against the rules to do that, because it doesnt show up on ecrater, only after you go through the paypal process?
acread

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really should read the following topic carefully: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2461

There is an example that goes through how shipping is calculated.

The flat rate shipping (or "fixed shipping to" option) means when that item is purchased that is the shipping cost the buyer will need to pay. If the item is bought in combination with other that fixed shipping cost will be added on top of the shipping cost for the rest of the order. If all order is made up of item that have "fixed shipping to" values, the shipping cost for the order will be the sum of individual shipping costs.

The only way to combine shipping is to have it "weight based" (which utilizes the shipping matrix or enable the shipping calculator (which also uses weight of items to calculate shipping, since that is how US postal services determines shipping cost of packages).

Anyway, I definetely do not recommend you setting up PayPal or any other payment method where you spring up the shipping cost on the buyer after your product page shows $0 for shipping. Most customers will get annoyed and won't pay. And if they do they might complain to PayPal about how there wasn't any shipping cost on the product page and might get their money back.
JoyaEssentials

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there anymay to add a paypal button to the checkout page, i talked to paypal customer service and for some reason they told me that is the only way that paypal will work, is if i have the paypal button on EVERY ITEM... i dont think that im ever going to get out of this stage of being lost
JoyaEssentials

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, i think i may have found a solution to my problem... please hear me out, say i just plain drop and i mean DROP paypal and go with google checkout.... can i do the shipping matrix and have every item at 10 dollars for shipping, and of course when they get to the checkout it will say a rediculous amount of shipping like $250.00 but then give a code to bring the shipping down to a small ten dollars no matter what the order size??? Please tell me i used my noggin and figured somethin out!!!! *i know nothing about google check out so i can feel the reply of failure coming my way*
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
can i do the shipping matrix and have every item at 10 dollars for shipping, and of course when they get to the checkout it will say a rediculous amount of shipping like $250.00 but then give a code to bring the shipping down to a small ten dollars no matter what the order size???

NO that will NOT work. #1 there is no place on PayPal for a seller to create such a code.

If I understand you correctly you want to charge $10 for shipping whether they buy 1 item of 100 ---- am I correct???
acread

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTall, did you look in the store and see the items? They are not like light weight jewelry. If you charge $10 shipping for 100 candle sticks you end up in deep d.d.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:
BigTall, did you look in the store and see the items? They are not like light weight jewelry. If you charge $10 shipping for 100 candle sticks you end up in deep d.d.

I Thought that's what she/he wanted - to charge a flat fee of $10 for shipping no matter how many or what was purchased.
JoyaEssentials

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay i think something was missed, Cool I said if i dropped paypal meaning that i would go with google checkout ONLY, because paypal may not be worth using! and yes BTMC i would like to make it a flat $10 for every shipment no matter how many items they order (and no, this stuff isnt light weight) i tried the matrix and that didnt work, so do you guys have any suggestions??? BTMC it sounded like you were going to suggest something after i answered your question about the flate rate being what i wanted...
JoyaEssentials

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry might i add one more thing, im trying to add $10 per shipment... not per item, if that helps any. $10 per item would be a complete rip off, not all of my items are heavy enough when added up to make someone pay that much Smile (i dont want to scare the customers off, i want to be fair)
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
im trying to add $10 per shipment... not per item

This is EASY to accomplish with the shipping matrix.

Put the weight on every item - any number will do if you don't know the shipping weight
On the matrix
put 10.00 in every single box EXCEPT the very last column that is labels +
that column you wnat to put 0 (ZERO) in.
NOW, no matter how many items they buy it will come out to $10 shipping.

Each item listing will show $10 as shipping charge
I suggest you put in the description something like
buy 1 item or 100 items at the same time
and shipping is just $10.00
JoyaEssentials

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that is exactly what I did and thats what made the shipping come out to bee close to $250.00, I asked someone else who also tried it and they said when they did it, it was also charging customers over $200.00 for shipping for only a couple of items Confused
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: