eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Do you love to read? TRADE BOOKS HERE!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fashiongalore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Do you love to read? TRADE BOOKS HERE! Reply with quote

Do you love to read?

I know I do. I have about 200books in my apartment. And honestly, i'm sick and tired of them. I found these sites that let me trade my old junkie books for something new FOR FREE. I didn't believe this XXXX until i saw it on the news, anyway... these sites are

Let me tell you how it works because it is so easy. I listed a bunch of books on the site (you have to list at least 9 books to get in the club) and I got 3 free book credits to get me started. So you can order 3 books right away - free of charge and have them mailed directly to you. No strings attached. No gimmicks. No spam mail. Nothing. You just have to love reading books.

AND

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even using media mail, doesn't shipping get pretty costly after a while?

I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of my library. I just can't bear the idea of putting a book in the trash, especially since I don't read trashy novels. Every time I move I put out 100s at garage sales but I still have floor to ceiling bookshelves everywhere. I no longer buy books but use the library. Then my relatives present me with huge art books at least once a year.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
EtchingsandCollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just can't bear the idea of putting a book in the trash,

Do you have a thrift store or consignment shop in your area? Non-profit organization having a donation sale (they might even pick them up for you). Resthome or senior living center that could use them?

We have a 1000 books at our local antique mall the locals love a great buy and this way they are stored outside of our home!

Just a few ideas.
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiet wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of my library. I just can't bear the idea of putting a book in the trash, especially since I don't read trashy novels.

Another idea: Donate your books to your local Friends of the Library! Very Happy

Your local library never has enough money to cover all of its needs! Just look around your library and you will see where the FOL books are for sale. The area can be a few book shelves or, if they are lucky, they may have a small book store.

Money that the FOL receives from selling donations will be used to buy new library books, providing reading programs, activities for children and much more. You can be sure your local library Friends will appreciate any books you desire to donate! In addition you can deduct your donation from your taxes.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: