eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Listing Items

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MossMalas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Listing Items Reply with quote

How can I list items which I have available to me but which are not in stock? I order most of my items from a company in India, which has a much larger listing of products, but I can't afford yet to have one of everything in stock. I can order them and have them in within a week or so. How do I list these items?

Moss
Moss' Malas
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be considered pre-order item. It is against eCrater's terms. Please read the terms: http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php
MossMalas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess my eyes don't work. I just read all that, understood little of it, and do not see any contraindication for pre-order items.

ANY store or shop can keep a catalog on hand which can be ordered from. This is a service to customer. I don't see why it is against eCrater's rules (if it is). I do understand if a shop does not fulfill orders, but action can be taken about that.

In my case, my supplier has been getting me my orders in 1-2 weeks, usually at the low end. That's almost as good as in stock, when you consider they are shipping from India.

Moss
acread

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you read it again. The seller is in US. Does not have the items in stock. Will order it from India after the purchase.

Now I'm not sure if they will go directly to the buyer or not. If they do go to the buyer directly I guess they can be considered dropshipping. If they are receiving the ordered items and then mailing it to the buyer, then that would be "pre-order" since they don't have the item at their hands to mail at the item it is ordered.

And the customers won't know the items are coming from India, considering the seller is in US. So they will definitely complain about how long it took to receive the items.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you don't do google checkout
which in your case is good because they require shipment within 24 hours of the authorized charge.

It's as simple as pre-orders are not allowed.
If you list items you don't have you risk being banned.

What happens if your supplier don't have the item after it's purchased?
acread

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I think I've started to seeing things. I could have sworn I was reponding to one of Maggies post on my previous post on this topic. Hence the disjointed answer. Sorry.

Bottom line though BigTall is right, it would be "pre-order" item, which is against terms.

I suggest you sell what you have at hand, save money and order from the catalogs what you think might sell well on your store. Then list those items when you have them in your posession.
MossMalas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's what I'm doing now. Just was hoping to offer more service than that.

I will have Google set up in a day or two; have to confirm my account first, and the banks weren't open today,
Moss

edited by BTMC to removed controversial comments that have no baring to the topic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: