eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Technical Issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acread

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: AC- Enough of your wise cracks. Reply with quote

cruisersclassics wrote:
Quote:

If eCrater closed you can always use your backup to list at an alternative selling site. I thought that would be clear. Oh well.

What SITE uses ecrater format?
Please tell me as I have NOT found one.

READ ALL that I wrote, YES you have the same RAW DATA that you created the ecrater pages with but you DO NOT HAVE A REAL "RESTORE" BACKUP.

My .02,
Cruiser

?
Why would you save the contents formatted? Use unformatted text.
Anyway this is just idle chatter. Please either turn back to the original subject or stop posting on this topic.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cruisersclassics

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Is it a moderator thing? Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
Please say on topic.

cruisersclassics - I suggest that you take your issues with ecrater.com from the forum to Dimtri directly by using the contact us form at www.ecrater.com

NO ONE on the forum can address your issues. You need the attention of Dimitri and you won't get that here. The forum was put in place mainly for sellers to help sellers.

I am a seller, I was on topic until AC's ( a moderator here no less) remarks.
The topic here is HIT COUNTER and the fact that IT is GONE!
That's what I am ADDRESSING!

BTMC did you issue the same message to AC?

My .02
Cruiser
acread

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am asking EVERYONE to stay on topic.
Comycgyrl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Hits Reply with quote

I have 2400 items online, the hit feature really worked for me, I used it for marketing purposes, thing with GA is its painstaking to get it to give you the information you need, plus I spend a lot of time on here listing, I should only have to use GA for Monthly purposes, I dont go there everyday like I do here. I just feel that taking it away has now put some waste in my time listing items here for having to go to GA to check hits. Please bring it back. I really hate wasting time.
cruisersclassics

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: On Topic Reply with quote

The topic here IS "Technical Issues" not just "hit counter"

My posts are on this topic - Technical Issues, of which there are many here on ecrater.
The USPS shipping defaults to 3x cost, sales tax issues, the VERY FUNCTIONAL HIT COUNTER IS GONE, the shipping matrix, no HTML, yadda, yadda...
These, and more, are ALL "Technical Issues" that need addressing.

So here you all are and I quote "begging" to bring the hit counter back
BUT
BTMC you state and chastise me about,
"NO ONE on the forum can address your issues. You need the attention of Dimitri and you won't get that here. The forum was put in place mainly for sellers to help sellers."

So WHY is anyone HERE "begging" for the hit counters return?
Who are you all begging if Dimitar isn't here?
How off topic is "begging" someone that ain't here?

Maybe asking for help with ANY technical issue relating to something that Dimitar has shut down or won't address here is what's OFF TOPIC!

So let me play moderator here for just a moment. (BTMC you once suggested that I moderate automotive)
NOTE - The Technical Issues topic here is to help answer questions about using existing ecrater features and sharing knowledge of how ecrater features function.
If you want features that don't exist, don't work correctly & Dimitar has already stated are NOT going to change, have been removed or you think would be a help here, PLEASE post under "suggestions".
This is not the place for suggesting new features or "begging" for removed features to be turned back on.

My .02,
Cruiser
suburbanmartini

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to get in on this. I too would really like the hit counter to be brought back. If enough sellers ask for it then maybe ecrater would consider finding a way to bring in back.
vandesvagaries

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, and would like to voice my opinion on bringing that feature back
ShopAmisEmporium

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Hits Button Reply with quote

I need the ability to sort by hits and by product name as well.....these two functions save me much time in running my ecrater store (I also work 50 hours a week at a job away from the house....). Please, please, please bring 'em back!!!! Thanks very much for giving us a wonderful refuge from FEEBAY......
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have a technical issue...

Customer placed an order (or perhaps placed it twice). Both orders show as 'CHARGEABLE'. Both orders have the same Google Checkout Order #. Only one entry appears on Google Checkout screen.

The first eCrater order ( # 309370 ) shows an IP address, the second order ( # 309371 ) shows the IP address as '111.111.111.11' (which is the default until the pass-back occurs from GC).

IMHO, only one of these should be chargeable. Usually, I'll not see an order that GC did not pass on. Something here got messed up. BTW, both orders are for the exact same item (so I'm going to assume he wanted one).

I thought to start a new topic, but I'll post it here until/unless I hear otherwise.

Ray
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:

OK, I have a technical issue...

Customer placed an order (or perhaps placed it twice). Both orders show as 'CHARGEABLE'. Both orders have the same Google Checkout Order #. Only one entry appears on Google Checkout screen.

The first eCrater order ( # 309370 ) shows an IP address, the second order ( # 309371 ) shows the IP address as '111.111.111.11' (which is the default until the pass-back occurs from GC).

IMHO, only one of these should be chargeable. Usually, I'll not see an order that GC did not pass on. Something here got messed up. BTW, both orders are for the exact same item (so I'm going to assume he wanted one).

I thought to start a new topic, but I'll post it here until/unless I hear otherwise.

Ray

I suggest you use the contact form at www.ecrater.com and give all the details.
APPEARS to me that it is a hic up - if they both have the same google checkout number.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:

Sounds like Google had issues in sending the info after the order is placed. Because the order info at eCrater appears after CG sends the info to the API url. Maybe the customer clicked to twice on the OK button or refreshed the page or something. Or just Google had a mishap (can't tell exactly what).

Last edited by acread on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you use the contact form at www.ecrater.com and give all the details.
APPEARS to me that it is a hic up - if they both have the same google checkout number.

I will do that, probably within the hour.

After some thought, I've decided to leave the second order sit there just like it is. I'm not using Inventory Control, so the second iteration of the same item being ordered doesn't bother me. I am (somewhat) concerned that should I try to Cancel the second order, it might (seeing as how that order knows about about the GC number) try to cancel the payment request over at GC, which is what I *really* don't want to happen. So I'm going to let sleeping dogs sleep.

In the meantime, I'll take a few screen caps of what I'm seeing in case the eCrater team wants to see them (both before and after I do the actual charge).

Ray
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow up: after I did the charge at Google, only the first order has a check mark next to it. But both orders now say 'CHARGED'. Go figure.

Ray
acread

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
Follow up: after I did the charge at Google, only the first order has a check mark next to it. But both orders now say 'CHARGED'. Go figure.

Ray

I thought you said there was only one order at Google Checkout. (and two at eCrater) This means whatever the issue is it happened at Google Checkout. It could be the buyer click on OK button twice or something.

This sounds like what happened with the seller at the following topic.
Please read: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=14036
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: