eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Technical Issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EccentricThrifter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Please Put 'Em Back! Reply with quote

Being able to sort those product columns is something I do without fail. I don't have as many items as a lot of folks here and I just can't imagine having to weed through hundreds of items to get the data these two buttons supply in a moment.

Please, for our sanity, add this feature back in!
LJ
http://superstuff.ecrater.com/
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
misscharlotte

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like being able to sort by items by number of hits. It helps me know which items are getting the most views.
pinknpretty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GA is awesome, but it takes quite a considerable amount of time to log into the account and search for the most popular items getting viewed. I have over 600 items listed and would like to have a quick way to see what is getting attention and what isn't. Oh please add the HITS FUNCTION back. It saved me so much time; time that would be better spent promoting my store.

Thank you VB

http://pinknpretty.ecrater.com
AmbleOutdoors

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Sort feature very useful, hopefully back soon? Reply with quote

This is an extremely handy feature, for both Hits and alpha sorting, and hopefully will be resumed. I can't make much sense of the Product list parameters, lacking the sort features.
elisia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, AC for directing me here Very Happy

Jumping in to beg for reinstating the hits line up~please~

Thank you~
cruisersclassics

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Hit Counter - It IS a helpful tool Reply with quote

Isn't it a pain when something that WORKS and is USEFUL is just SHUT DOWN?

Or when something new is added that doesn't work well.

If I correctly read between the lines of Dimitar's post here -

the HIT COUNTER AIN'T COMING BACK.

So "begging" is not going to help and is so self demeaning.

I posted elsewhere about this a got the standard "party line"
'...if you don't like it.......leave....."

My .02,
Cruiser
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Hit Counter - It IS a helpful tool Reply with quote

cruisersclassics wrote:

If I correctly read between the lines of Dimitar's post here -

the HIT COUNTER AIN'T COMING BACK.

So "begging" is not going to help and is so self demeaning.

My .02,
Cruiser

I too am in the begging group on this one and I really hope that Dimitri can see the need sellers have for the HITS to work and be sortable here.

HOWEVER, I totally understand that if it's between HITS working as they always have and the performance of the site to continue as it should
then I guess it's no choice but to not have them.
I think it's a shame to not have them as there isn't much on the backend of ecrater for sellers and this as one thing that certainly made a big difference for me.
thebeadstore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add me to the begging list to return it, too. GA is good but does not fill the void on this.
cruisersclassics

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Hit Counter - It IS a helpful tool Reply with quote

Quote:

HOWEVER, I totally understand that if it's between HITS working as they always have and the performance of the site to continue as it should
then I guess it's no choice but to not have them.

Besides web mastering I resell Web Hosting (shared & Cpanel) so here's the facts about why the ecrater site would have performance issues.

BANDWIDTH - site hosting limits traffic to what plan you have, like your cell phone plan, you buy a fixed amount every month. There are 2 basic ways you set this up 1) is you pay a set price (stays the same every month for the term) or 2) You pay "metered" ( like your electric meter ) you pay for the bandwidth (traffic) your site uses.

I assume Dimitar Slavov (ecrater's registered owner's name as recorded ) has a fixed bandwidth plan for hosting ecrater from Level 3 Communications (ecraters host) so the issue here is that as traffic has increased the web-host slows down traffic (bandwidth) before the limit is reached.
When this happens features begin to slow down or stop working.
Which might explain why the USPS feature goes past the 3 second timeout and uses a 3x$ valuation.

So the answer is simple, more bandwidth.

If Dimitar doesn't want to spend the money then as I have stated and implied many times before Dimitar should seek an investor or go see a banker himself.

Also since he can't seem to keep up with all of this he really needs to hire STAFF and run this like a business instead of a HOBBY!

Everyone that users ecrater expects this to be run like a REAL business.
All of US sellers do a lot of work to set up and maintain our stores.
Many hours of work are spent by sellers tweaking their stores.

MY constant issue about Dimitar is this HOBBY ATTITUDE he has for ecrater.
What happens if he wakes up one morning and just shuts ecrater down?
Or if his wife says "it's Me or ecrater" or ?
No Staff, No Partners = No real business for anyone to continue.

ecrater is Dimitar, NO Dimitar = NO ecrater.
AND ALL of the work that ALL of the ecrater sellers have done here is GONE!

Now you see where I come from and why my posts have had little tolerance for all the excuses made for Dimitar's handling of ecrater.

My .02
Cruiser
acread

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes It's called a BACKUP.

You save copies of your data in another location so if anything happens to the one you are using, you can always copy from the other one and hence won't loose the data completely.

I thought anyone who used computers knew about it, especially those who did "web mastering".
PersonallyByPat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please also bring back the sort device by clicking on the word Products while in one of my store departments. I used this constantly when looking for particular item in one of my departments. The Products sort let me put the listings in alphabetical order so I could more easily find the item listing I was looking for. Without it, I have to spend time reading down the entire list of listings in a given department to find the one I am searching for. Please bring the sort feature back!

PersonallyByPat
cruisersclassics

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: AC- Enough of your wise cracks. Reply with quote

Quote:
I thought anyone who used computers knew about it, especially those who did "web mastering".

AC (moderator),

A newbe KNOWS that backups only work if the MAIN PROGRAM the backups were written in is available!

If Dimitar were to shut down ecrater for ANY REASON, what are you going to use the BACKUPS for?

SURE you will have ALL the data that you used to CREATE each individual ecrater listing - BUT all the time and WORK listing on ecrater WILL BE LOST!
There is NOT a venue where you could just drop the backups, AS WRITTEN for ecrater into!

Being ABLE to have and SORT the page "HITS" is a valuable tool.
The fact that Dimitar has chosen to shut it down SPEAKS VOLUMES about his business sense.

In fact so many of the ecrater "issues" I have jumped in on have to do with some of the "makes no sense" way things are, have been and probably will continue on ecrater.

And BEFORE you say it, I have put in some time here and I am NOT walking away for that investment.
I would like to see ecrater improve and grow and towards that goal I come to this "community" forum to aire my gripes. That's what forums like this are for, in the HOPES that when enough people speak SOMEONE LISTENS and TAKES REAL ACTION, NOT just picking out a quote to belittle.

If you would stop insulting me with your wise cracks and be a REAL MODERATOR.

My .02
Cruiser

Last edited by cruisersclassics on Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please say on topic.

cruisersclassics - I suggest that you take your issues with ecrater.com from the forum to Dimtri directly by using the contact us form at www.ecrater.com

NO ONE on the forum can address your issues. You need the attention of Dimitri and you won't get that here. The forum was put in place mainly for sellers to help sellers.
acread

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: AC- Enough of your wise cracks. Reply with quote

cruisersclassics wrote:
A newbe KNOWS that backups only work if the MAIN PROGRAM the backups were written in is available!

That is not what I meant. You can copy the content of your listings to a program in your computer like a word processor or a spread sheet and save it.

With a little copy-paste and save you won't loose anything.
cruisersclassics wrote:
If Dimitar were to shut down ecrater for ANY REASON, what are you going to use the BACKUPS for?

If eCrater closed you can always use your backup to list at an alternative selling site. I thought that would be clear. Oh well.

Last edited by acread on Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
cruisersclassics

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: AC- Enough of your wise cracks. Reply with quote

Quote:

If eCrater closed you can always use your backup to list at an alternative selling site. I thought that would be clear. Oh well.

What SITE uses ecrater format?
Please tell me as I have NOT found one.

READ ALL that I wrote, YES you have the same RAW DATA that you created the ecrater pages with but you DO NOT HAVE A REAL "RESTORE" BACKUP.

My .02,
Cruiser[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: