eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Technical Issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acread

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read the second post by eCrater on this topic that is what was stated.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
eclectik

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is not what was stated.
acread

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine, it says most likely it will be dropped completely. There wasn't much of hope in that statement. So there is no big surprise here.
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw ACReader Hope never dies! Crying or Very sad

So I will chime in and say that the Hit counter has been a very valuable tool and I used it often during the day. Please, eCrater, turn the Hit counter back on!!! Crying or Very sad
daring-niche

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:58 pm    Post subject: Hit Counter and general Store Search function issues ? Reply with quote

couple of questions > firstly , is the hit counter ( an invaluable tool ) for each product page working the same as always , or has it been changed as far as what it actually shows / indicates ? i do show some hits on various pages in my store , while other pages / items show no hits at all. usually there are easily hits on all pages. have changes been implemented which affect the way the hit counter now counts visits to a page ?
second question > what is going on with the search function within a store ? as of late , when i do a simple general search in my store in the stores search field ( as any prospective customer might ) , no results come up for simple searches based on simple keywords that are in fact in the product title. is anyone else having this problem ? any help and / or comments appreciated. thanks all !
acread

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Hit Counter and general Store Search function issues ? Reply with quote

daring-niche wrote:
couple of questions > firstly , is the hit counter ( an invaluable tool ) for each product page working the same as always , or has it been changed as far as what it actually shows / indicates ? i do show some hits on various pages in my store , while other pages / items show no hits at all. usually there are easily hits on all pages. have changes been implemented which affect the way the hit counter now counts visits to a page ?

please read: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=132720#132720

Quote:
second question > what is going on with the search function within a store ? as of late , when i do a simple general search in my store in the stores search field ( as any prospective customer might ) , no results come up for simple searches based on simple keywords that are in fact in the product title. is anyone else having this problem ? any help and / or comments appreciated. thanks all !

please read the note at the bottom of your Products section in the admin area, you'll need to wait 24 hours before newly entered listings are searchable.

please read: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=15724
daring-niche

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Hit Counter and general Store Search function issues ? Reply with quote

thank you for the very quick response ! noted your information , and have read the other post you linked , thanks. on the second issue ( search ) , these are not new items , these were older items > however i have checked again and now the search seems to be working fine. perhaps was a momentary glitch ? but thankfully seems to be working fine now and that is the important thing.
> on a side note , was wondering why the notification for this topic ( Notify me when a reply is posted ) went to an old email address rather than the current one i have in my ecrater account info , any way i can change this ? thanks again !!
acread

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Hit Counter and general Store Search function issues ? Reply with quote

daring-niche wrote:
thank you for the very quick response ! noted your information , and have read the other post you linked , thanks. on the second issue ( search ) , these are not new items , these were older items > however i have checked again and now the search seems to be working fine. perhaps was a momentary glitch ? but thankfully seems to be working fine now and that is the important thing.
> on a side note , was wondering why the notification for this topic ( Notify me when a reply is posted ) went to an old email address rather than the current one i have in my ecrater account info , any way i can change this ? thanks again !!

The search is currently being updated (ecrater is changing things). So for a while such things may happen. It shouldn't be too long.

For the notice the forum email address is the original one you signed up your account. You will need to contact eCrater through the contact page. Explain the situation and give them the email address you would like them to forward the notices to.
daring-niche

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Hit Counter and general Store Search function issues ? Reply with quote

hi ~ thanks for being so helpful ! truly appreciate it !!
~ dn
daring-niche

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:55 pm    Post subject: search engine Reply with quote

hi again ~ just curious , when might the search engine feature ( for stores ) be fixed / updated completely ( ? ) as the problems are happening more and more frequently and fairly sure this is having a significant impact on potential sales for everyone as no doubt potential customers simply leave any given store when the search results keep coming back as O matches found ( not even the searching by title works these days ). thanks again for any info you might be able to offer !
ShopAmisEmporium

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Sorting by Hit Count Reply with quote

I'd like to see this feature again as well! GA is good, but I don't always have time to sit and sort through all of that info. I'd like to be able to do a quick sort through my items when I'm here at ecrater.....
tvbooks

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When people go to my store and click on a product, it says no item found. My store has been set up for awhile and no issues. I have over 20 items. Why is only my front page appearing but no products?
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tvbooks wrote:
When people go to my store and click on a product, it says no item found. My store has been set up for awhile and no issues. I have over 20 items. Why is only my front page appearing but no products?

Your store is suspended.
tvbooks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
tvbooks wrote:

Your store is suspended.

Why is it suspended? Why do you give not notice and no explanations?
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tvbooks - please post in http://community.ecrater.com/viewforum.php?f=11 asthis is off topic here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: