eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

No Sales Anywhere!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timeless

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: No Sales Anywhere! Reply with quote

No one is selling anywhere right now. We might as well relax until this recession is over and people are back to work.

It don't matter what you do right now, it don't make much of a difference. I have been selling for 16 yrs, and right now is the worst time of it all.

It's a discouraging time. Sad

PLEASE don't start telling me what all I need to do or not do. That is old news. I hate to hear someone tell someone else what they need to do when it's obvious they don't know what they are talking about. They think they know something when they don't know anything themselves.

Happy New Year!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
PLEASE don't start telling me what all I need to do or not do. That is old news. I hate to hear someone tell someone else what they need to do when it's obvious they don't know what they are talking about. They think they know something when they don't know anything themselves.

hhhmmm

then what type of help are you expecting from the ecrater seller community?

Selling on eCRATER.com
Ask or answer other sellers' questions about their experience with eCRATER.
BunniesHutch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: NO SALES HERE TOO Reply with quote

Hi Timeless:

As of the month of December I have had 2,927 hits and I opened my store on 10/19/10, the only order I had was my husband who did a test run and delivery. I also did a craft show several weeks ago and sold two items one to the people in the booth next to me and one to a friend who was helping me that day. And nobody but nobody was buying like they used to. I was told by a memeber of the community that it takes 6-8 weeks for a sale....not. The recession is still going on and who knows what people are spending their money on. Hopefully, Easter will be my big push, if not maybe I will have to look for a real job in the outside world. Until then (I know it sounds trite) but hang in there! Hopefully the recession will get better?

Have a happy new year despite all of this
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No one is selling anywhere right now. We might as well relax until this recession is over and people are back to work.

It don't matter what you do right now, it don't make much of a difference. I have been selling for 16 yrs, and right now is the worst time of it all.

Sorry that this might be true for you, but not all of us. I have shipped out over 80 packages this month alone. I have already sold more this month than last December. The TV has been reporting record on line sales and B&M sales. MANY sellers here are selling and doing well. I can tell from my order numbers that about 2500 orders a day are being placed here on ecrater and we are considered a small site. I would love to see that number doubled and tripled, but it does mean that things are selling and right here.

Since you don't want advice or help I can only suppose you want a pity party or a place to vent. I am sorry that things are rough for you right now.
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sales were a bit scarce for me prior to Christmas, but apparently Santa did not deliver everything on some of the wish lists, and now those folks are buying the things they didn't get for Christmas. 2 orders on Monday, 2 on Tuesday, 3 today, and 2 more will go out tomorrow.
BunniesHutch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: ok so tell me??? Reply with quote

OK so all of you go take a look at my webiste because if products are selling then something must be wrong, especially with the amount of hits I get, don't you agree. We are supposed to be here to help each other. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG, DO I NEED TO CONTACT TECHNICAL SUPPORT AT ECRATER OR WHAT???? Evil or Very Mad

After my supposed error on Google checkout was fixed wouldn't you think somethings gotta give, plus I was never informed as to what the error was or if it really was fixed.
WickedFantasyMaille

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunnieshutch im not an ecrater expert very far from it, but I too do craft shows all my items are handmade by just me and I do extremely well at every single one that I have been to 400 and more in sales. But craft shows can be a hit or miss type of thing.

I checked out your store and as just a regular person, like i said by far not a expert, i think maybe you should add to your about you page and to your terms. The stuff is made by you whats the story behind it? sometimes people by because of the story behind or inspiration that was behind the making of a handmade item. Just my 2 cents. Also ive only had 2 sales here on ecrater, but im not the greatest at promoting it. Hope you do well
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BunniesHutch - pleASE DO NOT HI-Jack timeless's topic
start your own topic to

Quote:
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG, DO I NEED TO CONTACT TECHNICAL SUPPORT AT ECRATER OR WHAT????

Last edited by zickit on Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeless have you checked to see how well your items are showing up in Google or other search engines? I checked a few of your items and could not find them in Google. Check the status of your Google feed- if there are problems that need to be fixed, I would hop on that. You have some beautiful items- Also what type of promoting have you done to get lookers into your store?
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeless, you have beautiful items, nice photos, decent titles and descriptions.

BUT you have a double tier of Google ads on your listings. You shouldn't have any since you are not a drop-shipper. That means you either don't accept any online payment method or have not carefully selected your global and global sub-categories.

There may be other reasons for the ads but those seem most probable to me. Your titles are not nonsense and your photos are not too small. Those ads will definitely affect your placement in the search engines.
treasuresofthepast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
PLEASE don't start telling me what all I need to do or not do. That is old news.

The OP obviously don't want any advice so what's the point of keeping on posting replies with advices?
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: ok so tell me??? Reply with quote

BunniesHutch wrote:
OK so all of you go take a look at my webiste because if products are selling then something must be wrong

Hi Bunnies Hutch,

Your products are adorable and unique...but as a buyer, I need to know more about them. Here's what I see as a potential customer...and everyone is going to see something different.

1. Photos. The pix are clear, but there is only one of them. When I buy something online, I need to see all of it: front, back, special features and details, like fabric pattern, decoration, accessories, face, etc. I also want to use the zoom feature to see details. Your zoom photos are often the same size as the non-zoom.

2. Titles. You can use 100 characters to tell enough of a story in the title to make me read farther. "Handmade 15 inch Football Sports Rabbit" tells what the product is, great. But I'm not motivated to go the next step. Why do I want a football sports rabbit? You can put more in there, for example: Great Gift for Football Fans or whatever. For "Handmade 27 Inch It's a Girl Rabbit"...you can include "Perfect for a Shower, Pretty for the Nursery" or whatever.

3. Descriptions. Some of your products have intros that aren't about the product. I appreciate trying to set the mood...but I don't want to wade thru 2 lines of verse or a story about Chicago to find out what I'm buying. I want to know what the product is...in an appealing, charming, yet informative way. What fabrics is it made of, what's it stuffed with, what are the eyes made of, what colors are used, what handcraft is involved (for example, embroidery, hand painting, etc). Some of this, generically, is in the FAQ. But I'm not going to look in FAQ when I'm on the Green Easter bunny page, where the "Buy Now" button is. I can't touch or examine the bunny...so describe it to me so I can see and feel it. After you establish what the product is, then tell me why I want it, how can I use it, etc. Did you design it? Did you sew it? Then promote the handcraftsmanship involved.

4. Language. There are a number of errors thruout, which makes the text hard to read and makes you appear sloppy...even if your bunnies are perfectly made. "Edition" instead of "addition"..."sized" instead of "sizes"..."ocassion" instead of "occasion"...no space after a period...random capitalization.

5. Coherence. The descriptions need to make sense and promote the product. For example: "Chicago style hot dogs is where this rabbit was born." The rabbit wasn't born in hot dogs. You can evoke the mood of the city with its icons...but then relate that mood to the product. If this is a rabbit for the Chicago Bears, then tell me that and why (are there bears on the clothing, is the rabbit wearing a Bears jersey?). What makes it a football sports rabbit, which is in the title but not the description? What makes it a Chicago sports rabbit, which is in the description but not the title?

6. Oversell. "Sports Widow Rabbit will entertain [you]" or "This adorable Girl Rabbit will be the delight of every baby shower" or "guaranteed to impress" etc. You can hope the bunnies will entertain, delight, and impress...but you can't predict it or guarantee it. Telling customers how they should feel can be off-putting. Present your products beautifully...and the feelings will come of their own.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunnies Hutch, did you not read Big Tall's comment to you?
Start your own topic. Just because you don't like what Timeless said you have no right to hijack the topic. Start one of your own.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest thing is not taking electonic payments... I just purchased something from a seller here & paid directly from paypal & "ta-da" my order will be on it's way.

Timeless... I stopped replying to topics about no orders because I get plenty some months & lower some other & I am tired of saying the same thing over & over BUT... I, personally, will not try to find a check book or get dressed & go out in the cold JUST for a money order. Then it could take a week for the check to get to you... you hold it for a week & then another week or so to get back to me.

I am a compulsive buyer... I may look at your stuff & think "oohh, I like that" but if I don't pay immediately... I am so sidetracked, your cool item will be long forgotten in 5 min.

Like that movie "up"... where the dog says "squirrel"... & then back to what he's was doing. Thats me... I see a "squirrel" & your item has been forgotten.
shoelaces

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timeless - your store looks nice. In addition to the other suggestoins I would fill out your home page. There is alot of white space, fill it in and use your product names so you'll attract search engines.

Also, I looked at one of your cup and saucer sets, put the manufacturer name in the name of the title of the product. This will help you in Google searches also.

If you are going to be successful online you HAVE to take Paypal and also Google Checkout. My sales almost doubled when I added Google Checkout in addition to Paypal.

Most ecrater sellers on here will tell you that sales that come in with Money Order as the payment method 0 - 9 times out of 10 the money order never comes.

Your products look nice, I think you will make sales.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: