Help with meta tags and SEO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomatedepingles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks! Very Happy
DesignerCandlesbyFiona

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Thanks everyone for the great info. I ran the site analyzer and got this result:

Your site's keywords: images4/search.gif
Your keywords are 18 characters long
Your keywords tag can can be up to 250 characters long.
You are using approximately 7.20% of the maximum length of this tag.

Any ideas why this is? I have these as my meta keywords: Candles by Fiona, triple scented candles, hand poured candles, wax candles, jar candles, victorias secret candles, bath body works candles, soy candles, candles, scented candles. Any help would be appreciated.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DesignerCandlesbyFiona wrote:
Hi. Thanks everyone for the great info. I ran the site analyzer and got this result:

Your site's keywords: images4/search.gif
Your keywords are 18 characters long
Your keywords tag can can be up to 250 characters long.
You are using approximately 7.20% of the maximum length of this tag.

Any ideas why this is? I have these as my meta keywords: Candles by Fiona, triple scented candles, hand poured candles, wax candles, jar candles, victorias secret candles, bath body works candles, soy candles, candles, scented candles. Any help would be appreciated.

not sure which analyzer site you used --- I got

Meta tags report for: http://designercandlesbyfiona.ecrater.com/
meta tag length value
Title: 62 Welcome to Candles by Fiona Hand Poured Triple Scented Candles
Description: 196 Candles by Fiona, triple scented candles, hand poured candles, wax candles, jar candles, victorias secret candles, bath body works candles, soy candles, candles, scented candles, abercrombie fitch
Keywords: 222 Candles by Fiona, triple scented candles, hand poured candles, wax candles, jar candles, victorias secret candles, bath body works candles, soy candles, candles, scented candles, abercrombie fitch, highly scented candles,
Robots: 12 index,follow

Meta tags analysis.
Title: Title meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 62 characters.
Title relevancy to page content is good.
The Title relevancy to page content is 80%.
Description: Description meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 196 characters.
Description relevancy to page content is very good.
The Description relevancy to page content is 81%.
Keywords: The keywords tag contain stop words.
The keyword(s) 'by' are stop words and ignored by the most search engines. Keyword relevancy to page content is fair.
The keywords relevancy to page content is 67%.
DesignerCandlesbyFiona

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BigTallMensClothing for the quick reply. I used http://www.sitesubmit.ca/. Which one did you use?
DesignerCandlesbyFiona

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind BigTallMensClothing. Found it http://www.widexl.com/remote/search-engines/metatag-analyzer.html. Thanks again.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP! Laughing
scharesmart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank all of you for the advice on the meta tags. I was baffled about them when I first set up my store. I have hits but no buying so maybe this will help. I used the tag analyzer on widexl after taking suggestions from this forum and playing around with my site. It shows 100% rating on my meta tags. This forum is so helpful. If now I could just figure out how to get my products to sell. Question
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If now I could just figure out how to get my products to sell.

You can start with this thread
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4&start=0
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been meaning to get back here and put this info on this sticky'ed thread. Matt's article is really great, has a good deal of excellent information There is a really easy way to find which keywords are best for you, based on highest number of searchs and lowest number of competing websites using that keyword.

This SEO company, which has a free trial period, is just fantastic. That's the only word for it. Here is a link to the tools they offer:

http://buildtraffic.net/seo_tools.htm

The best tool they offer is their Top Keyword Finder. It takes your keyword and assigns it a number based on how many times it's being used by searchers in one column. It takes the same word and assigns another number based on how many competing websites out there are using it. It takes a mean average of the two, and assigns it a third number (keyword effectiveness index number), which is the most important one! The more the word is used, and the less number of websites that use it, the higher the KEI number. A great tool! Here is the "scoop" on that:

frontporchdreaming

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this is really depressing! I always knew my store name was ludicrous and not connected to what I sell but started out small and it really didn't matter to me. Now tho, as I've expanded, I seriously wonder if I should just shuck my store name (ID everywhere) and start over with a more appropriate searchable name??? Oh My!
ljstores

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you are expanding then you cant be doing too bad Smile!

I do know what you mean though, i did expect you to be selling porch swings or something.
I think you have to weigh up how much work it would take to do that against how well you are doing now.
If it was me though I would change it but that is because it would irritate me thinking I am not making the best of my store.
Good luck with whatever you choose to do!!!

LJ
frontporchdreaming

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ljstores: It will be a LOT of work. That name has close to 1000 100% positive feebay fb, plus it's my domain name (still haven't made a website but do have a starter page) plus it's my store name on 6 sites.

Was a PS at feebay but since moving to all these smaller sites, sales are pathetic to say the least. Could be a combination of things but wonder now if my ID is part of the problem?

Not sure how I would be able to do a a/k/a so I could continue to link to things like my feebay fb and domain (which I should change too I guess). Oh me Oh my! 4 years later and now I'm second guessing my ID! I do notice that I come up when you search porch swings tho and that's not a good thing. Just annoying to folks I'm thinking!
ljstores

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrontPorchDreaming wrote:
ljstores: It will be a LOT of work. That name has close to 1000 100% positive feebay fb, plus it's my domain name (still haven't made a website but do have a starter page) plus it's my store name on 6 sites.

Was a PS at feebay but since moving to all these smaller sites, sales are pathetic to say the least. Could be a combination of things but wonder now if my ID is part of the problem?

Not sure how I would be able to do a a/k/a so I could continue to link to things like my feebay fb and domain (which I should change too I guess). Oh me Oh my! 4 years later and now I'm second guessing my ID! I do notice that I come up when you search porch swings tho and that's not a good thing. Just annoying to folks I'm thinking!

You can still link to your ebay feedback with your old name Ive seen many people do it! You could sit on your domain name if its not too expensive and use it for a personal blog or something to develop later and buy a new domain name that is subject specific to your store and start to promote that and link it to all your stores so you dont lose your earlier reputation and then slowly push yourself towards integrating everything under one umberella!
I have heard that ecrater has changed store names in the past but I dont think it is common.
I am promoting my domain more than my ecrater store as it leads straight to eracter and that way anything that is related to me can be can be linked to my domain.
Hope you figure it out?
Good Luck

LJ
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, eBay's the easy one -- you can just change your username and still keep the same account, feedback, etc. The big obstacle is making sure your customers still know it's you..
htstore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the title tag is the text on the top of the page.

I just wasn't sure if that portion tied into the searching for me portion.

http://www.searchengineguide.com/whalen/2007/0215_jw1.html

I did a search, and I found this article. Now I realize that we can't place a different title page for each page of our website like mentioned. I thought it had good content tho! Wanted to share!

BOY all these new elements to learn about! Laughing my brain is frying!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: