eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Help with meta tags and SEO
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is so much to learn, and once you learn it, you'll often find other articles that say just the opposite - arggggh!

This is a fabulous article, definitely check out the things on this list that have a high consensus of votes from these top SEO experts!

http://www.seomoz.org/article/search-ranking-factors#f41
RANS-TRUSS-PLANS

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Got my title,description and keyword meta tags up to the 80% range. Is that good or do I need to try harder? This is my first time doing this, so for me it's a big step. Thanks in advance.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RANS-TRUSS-PLANS wrote:
Hi, Got my title,description and keyword meta tags up to the 80% range. Is that good or do I need to try harder? This is my first time doing this, so for me it's a big step. Thanks in advance.

80% is ok but the will change with each and every item you add to your store. It's a never ending thing.
Add more product and you might have a higher percentage if they are in the same lines as the items you currently have.
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Percentages are less important than having the right keywords in your title, descriptions, categories, and titles. Just curious where you got yours from, Russ? They look pretty general. The more general the keywords, the harder you will have to work to get a good search engine ranking. Focus in on the customers you are looking for, and what they might use to find what THEY are looking for - a win win situation for both of you!
RANS-TRUSS-PLANS

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used a keyword generator to get the highest persentage as possible. So you think I should change them? Thanks for your help.
Jewellery-India

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks this article was very useful.

i get follwing analysis on my store from widexl

The Title relevancy to page content is 100%.
The Description relevancy to page content is 96%.
The keywords relevancy to page content is 94%.

i am new to internet marketing. but am still learning new things every day.
baglady

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi:
I've just added my meta tags for title, description and key words . . . and I put my store thru the widexl.com analyzer and it says:

"Keyword relevancy to page content is poor. Sad
The keywords relevancy to page content is 45%."

Should I go through my product descriptions and choose the most commonly used words as my keywords??

So entrenched with so much new information .. . I'm getting a migrain!!!
Help!!

Thank you, anyone!!
Bag Lady Rolling Eyes

Wow JC . . you did great!!!
hoodat-teeshirts-andmore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I accidentally did quite good on key words but my name to content rating is 0 Sad How do I go about a store name change?
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoodatstore wrote:
I accidentally did quite good on key words but my name to content rating is 0 Sad How do I go about a store name change?

You contact ecrater.com and are charge $10 to change your store name.

You sure it's your name and NOT your Title tags???
hoodat-teeshirts-andmore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my title tags are pretty clear but my store name doesn't reflect what I sell like yours does. I didn't realize the importance of this when I set up.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoodatstore wrote:
I think my title tags are pretty clear but my store name doesn't reflect what I sell like yours does. I didn't realize the importance of this when I set up.

I think 99% of the online stores have this issue.
You are exactly correct - a URL is extremely important.
But many folks like cute instead and do very well with it too.

You choice at this point it to open a new store with the name you want (need a new email to register only), move your product and close the other store.
OR
Contact ecrater.com and pay them $10 to change the name which will move all your products to the new name.

Something to remember is ALL your current links will be broke and go to a no such seller page.
\
hoodat-teeshirts-andmore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I have a letter in now requesting a name change. I'd gladly pay $10 not to have to start all over again. One more question on store names please. Would HoodatstoreTeesandMore be better from a search engine standpoint or hoodatstore-tees&more? Will search engines read - and & as spaces?
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question -
What relavance does HoodAtStore have to do with what you sell?
I expected that you sold hoodie sweatshirts the first time I seen the name and thought ok that works.

IF I were you and rename my store I would make it as RELEVANT to the items that you sell as you can without infridging on a trademark name.
I would also run to godaddy.com and see if the Domain name is available and buy it and forward it to my ecrater.com store. Then use that domain name for all advertising.
hoodat-teeshirts-andmore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
I have a question -
What relavance does HoodAtStore have to do with what you sell?
I expected that you sold hoodie sweatshirts the first time I seen the name and thought ok that works.

IF I were you and rename my store I would make it as RELEVANT to the items that you sell as you can without infridging on a trademark name.
I would also run to godaddy.com and see if the Domain name is available and buy it and forward it to my ecrater.com store. Then use that domain name for all advertising.

In my case, hoodatstore wasn't picked to be cute, though it is. It wasn't picked at random. I just didn't know that relevandce to the store content was important till it was pointed out to me. It refers to my user name on Ebay (hoodatsaydat) which a lot of my buyers have learned to trust. Hoodat or Hoodie is my board nickname there. I worked hard to build that trust and since I can't use my 100% Ebay feedback here, it's the next best thing. I also have a lot of tees that are humorous and I think it sets the relaxed and a little silly mood I'd like to create. Because it is non generic it can also be used to identify a string of stores if I ever get to them (Hoodat beads, Hoodat childrens clothing etc) I think it has one other advantage. It kind of sticks in your mind because of the corny old joke. I guess I'll just go with capitalizinf each word. It seemsto work well for you.
Thanks for the advice. It's always apreciated;.
http://hoodatstore.ecrater.com/
Edited to say,hoodatstore - tees and more also rhymes which makes it easier to remember. Corny sticks in the mind long after sophisticated is gone.

Last edited by hoodat-teeshirts-andmore on Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

capitalizing each word isn't going to make a bit of difference. I do it only so I am 100% sure I spelled it right, lol.

You can always just get a keyword packed domain name and forward it to your store. Advertise using your domain name and your ecrater URL. And leave the store as it is.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: