PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did use words that are in my titles, that's what I don't understand Question

I also got my numbers up to 84% but now this link won't work for me
There's no code showing to put in there:
http://www.widexl.com/remote/search-engines/metatag-analyzer.htm
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
rwcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It said my meta tags,keywords,and description words were bad.
That doesn't make sense to me since my I used the same words in my auction titles. I sell mostly sportscards and movies and they are searched by player name and movie title. Those are the words I've used that they said were poor choices. Go figure...
acread

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rwcollectibles wrote:
It said my meta tags,keywords,and description words were bad.
That doesn't make sense to me since my I used the same words in my auction titles. I sell mostly sportscards and movies and they are searched by player name and movie title. Those are the words I've used that they said were poor choices. Go figure...

The name of one player you used as meta keyword appears on how many pages? 1-5? But how many pages are on your site? How many times that word is used? Far less times than the word "card" I bet. So "card" would be a better meta keyword for you than "Ramirez" for example. The keywords would be the ones that get referred to most frequently at your site. Stuff that defines most of your products. If you specialize in something, that would also be a keyword. So using "the" as keyword is not appropriate but "collecting" would be.
rwcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. One more thing confusing is the Google search has "Meta Titles",
"Meta Description",and "Mets Keywords". If your item was sportscards, please tell me the most appropriate words to use in each. Thanks again.
acread

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I don't sell any cards. Tough for me to tell you what to put. Maybe someone else can help. Good luck.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rwcollectibles wrote:
Thanks. One more thing confusing is the Google search has "Meta Titles",
"Meta Description",and "Mets Keywords". If your item was sportscards, please tell me the most appropriate words to use in each. Thanks again.

That will vary depending on what type of cards, what type of sports, the brand of the cards etc etc --- all of which should be in the tags somewhere as well as in the listings BUT the order would depend on what you have the most of.

You have ALOT of Baseball Card Inserts BUT one problem is you don't have the word baseball in the titles or the word card
someone searching baseball card won't ever find your store
rwcollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the words I have in my "description tags" area. the analyzer said I had a 9% rating. These are the very words below I use in my auction titles and description section. I use words like : the,is,sale,etc. but these words are too common to use right ? It also said I had too many. Isn't it smart to have as many as possible in case the word a looker types is that word ? Help ! Laughing

DVD, Movie,VHS,Movie,Sportscard,Toys,Arrowhead,Collectibles,Rookie,Insert,Game Used,Autograph,WWE,Baseball,Basketball,Football,Nascar,Hockey,Rookie,GU,Lot,Insert,Topps,Fleer,Upper Deck,Bowman,Ultra,Flair,Bazooka,Donruss,Pacific,Skybox,Score,SP,SPx
Ovation,Topps Chrome,Bowman Chrome,Absoulute,1974,1987,1988,1989
1990,1991,1992,1993,1994,1995,1996,1997,1998,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,Cards,Baseball Cards,Racing,Baseball Card,Football Card,Nascar Card,Basketball Card,Golf Card,Wrestling Card
Horror,Comedy,Action,Video Game,XBOX,Playstation 2,XBOX 360,Toys,
Action Figures,New,Unopened
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I use words like : the,is,sale,etc. but these words are too common to use right ?

the,is,sale are not KEYWORDS. they are not searchable words. I don't think that google even recognizes "the and is" as searched words.

Quote:
DVD, Movie,VHS,Movie,Sportscard,Toys,Arrowhead,Collectibles,Rookie,Insert,Game Used,Autograph,WWE,Baseball,Basketball,Football,Nascar,Hockey,Rookie,GU,Lot,Insert,Topps,Fleer,Upper Deck,Bowman,Ultra,Flair,Bazooka,Donruss,Pacific,Skybox,Score,SP,SPx
Ovation,Topps Chrome,Bowman Chrome,Absoulute,1974,1987,1988,1989
1990,1991,1992,1993,1994,1995,1996,1997,1998,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,Cards,Baseball Cards,Racing,Baseball Card,Football Card,Nascar Card,Basketball Card,Golf Card,Wrestling Card
Horror,Comedy,Action,Video Game,XBOX,Playstation 2,XBOX 360,Toys,
Action Figures,New,Unopened

DVD = used in your items 198 times
Movie = used in your items 246 times --- why you have Movie in there twice?
Arrowhead = used 32 times in your items
Rookie = used 396 times
Insert = 512 times
Game Used --- is that a searched phrase or did you just forget the comma.

Sportscard, Toys, Collectibles, = ZERO - never used in your items -- so why use it?? If it's a keyword then it should be in your titles

You also have Toys on the list twice -- no need to repeat words UNLESS they are part of a phrase (separated by comma). Like in my case big is a keyword and so is big and tall - so big, big and tall, are part of my keywords.

You should get the idea from above -- see how many times your so called - keywords are actually in your product titles. Put them in the meta tag list in order of the most to the list.
Keywords that you have on the list like Sportscard, Toys, Collectibles but do not have anywhere in your titles BUT are important keywordds you need to get them in your titles.

Basically - simply put -- meta tag keywords
is a list of keyword from your titles
in order of importantance. Importantance meaning used the most.

NOT KEYWORDS
Quote:
1990,1991,1992,1993,1994,1995,1996,1997,1998,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,2006,2007,2008

AS FOR
Quote:
It also said I had too many. Isn't it smart to have as many as possible in case the word a looker types is that word ?

YES, if and only if its used on your items AND it's a KEYWORD.
Too many -- some webmaster claim only the first 250 CHARACTERS are looked at - other say that's not true.
My personal thought is hey, what do I have to lose by typing more then 250 characters? NOTHING. I can gain if infact they actually do get looked at by search engines.
acread

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rwcollectibles wrote:
DVD, Movie,VHS,Movie,Sportscard,Toys,Arrowhead,Collectibles,Rookie,Insert,Game ...

I hope you are not typing them in like this without a single space after the commas. Computers tend to read that as a big blob of a word instead of individual ones if you skip the commas.
rwcollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, ACRead. I did not have a space after the commas but I just added spaces. Embarassed
All my hits are pretty much still zero though. I'm still not doing something right... Confused
acread

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rwcollectibles wrote:
Thanks, ACRead. I did not have a space after the commas but I just added spaces. Embarassed
All my hits are pretty much still zero though. I'm still not doing something right... Confused

All hits zeroed yesterday. That's probably it. See: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=8513
rwcollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had over 20 hits period in a month. I read about people here saying they had hundreds and even up to a thousand hits on an item.
I've got good items at good prices. I just need to get found online by the buyers. Sad
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:
rwcollectibles wrote:
DVD, Movie,VHS,Movie,Sportscard,Toys,Arrowhead,Collectibles,Rookie,Insert,Game ...

I hope you are not typing them in like this without a single space after the commas. Computers tend to read that as a big blob of a word instead of individual ones if you skip the commas.

In the case of TAGS no space is no problem.

Quote:
I just need to get found online by the buyers

Start promoting your store in forum of card collectors.
decadesantiquesandcollectables

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Add to Google probs w/meta tag and verification Reply with quote

I have been reading these threads and have gotten a ton of great advice and have been trying to promote my store. In the process I went to admin tools/promote store and went to add to google. I understand that ecrater is already active in google products and was trying to add my store to the site map with a meta tag. However, I am not able to get my store verified and can't figure out why everything I have tried has not worked. I have gotten to google dashboard in webmaster tools and got up to the point of verification and am now at a standstill. I am not doing something right and don't know what that something should be or how it should look in order to get my store to verify. Please help. Thank you in advance for any and all info. Ginakins77
acread

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Add to Google probs w/meta tag and verification Reply with quote

decadesantiquesandcollectables wrote:
I have been reading these threads and have gotten a ton of great advice and have been trying to promote my store. In the process I went to admin tools/promote store and went to add to google. I understand that ecrater is already active in google products and was trying to add my store to the site map with a meta tag. However, I am not able to get my store verified and can't figure out why everything I have tried has not worked. I have gotten to google dashboard in webmaster tools and got up to the point of verification and am now at a standstill. I am not doing something right and don't know what that something should be or how it should look in order to get my store to verify. Please help. Thank you in advance for any and all info. Ginakins77

Your eCrater store site is part of eCrater site. You are not the webmaster of your site eCrater is. So you will not be able to use webmaster tool at eCrater. In its stead you use meta tags.

There are a couple of topic at the community page that can explain this better than I am able to right now. Do a search (located top of the page here) for webmaster tool or tools. (Select the second option to have both words in the results before clicken enter or search)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: