eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

International Orders Payment

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DenisesTreasures

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: International Orders Payment Reply with quote

hello out there I'm having a bit of a problem , I have been getting some orders from the UK , but when I have to do a refund it seem like the amount paid is less than what I'm refunding . Ok for instants this one customer paid $100.82 in GBP but I have to do a refund and the amount seem like it will be a lot more than they paid . can somone please help with this matter.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: International Orders Payment Reply with quote

DenisesTreasures wrote:
hello out there I'm having a bit of a problem , I have been getting some orders from the UK , but when I have to do a refund it seem like the amount paid is less than what I'm refunding . Ok for instants this one customer paid $100.82 in GBP but I have to do a refund and the amount seem like it will be a lot more than they paid . can somone please help with this matter.

Could you fill in a few more blanks please? Did the person pay $100.82 (that's American dollars) or did they pay the equivalent in GBP, which would be around 64.00 or 65.00 GBP?
How much was the refund and in what currency?
Was the order from your UK store or was it a UK order to your US store? All transactions in your US store show up in dollars. All transactions in your UK store show up in pounds, and you have to convert those back into dollars for your record-keeping.
DenisesTreasures

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: International Order Payment Reply with quote

the 100.82 GBP and it was through my U.S. store
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: International Order Payment Reply with quote

DenisesTreasures wrote:
the 100.82 GBP and it was through my U.S. store

We only get GBP through our UK stores. So if you got 100.82 GBP, then you got roughly $160.00, depending on the conversion factor. Since you say you need to make refund, I guess that was too high?

If you are having to do a lot of refunds, then maybe you are multiplying by a too-high conversion factor? If the shipping is too high, maybe you need to adjust the amounts in your matrix. If you use the USPS calculator, the shipping should come out pretty close to the correct amount, although it is based on the weight you have in the listing. So if your listing says that the item weighs 2 pounds and it only weighs 1 pound, then it will overcharge for shipping.

If the actual conversion numbers are confusing you, remember that the GBP amount will always be a smaller number than the dollar amount. So if you need to refund $10.00 from your UK store, you will be refunding around 6.40 GBP.

Maybe these are some ideas to get you started on figuring out what you need. Please come back and add more details if you are still having trouble. Smile
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
100.82 GBP and it was through my U.S. store

Impossible to get GBP through your US store. It would have had to have been through your UK store. PP will convert the prices for you when you receive the money, but when you give a refund (why so many?) you have to be sure that you are giving it back in the method you received it and that can take several different pages on PP. Are you refunding because you didn't think you got enough money? I sold something through my UK store today and the conversion factor PP used was 1.52816 so in US dollars, you got $154.07 (100.82 X 1.52816). If you are refunding that amount, it is correct. A British pound does not equal a US dollar. British pounds are around 1 1/2+ US dollars depending on the conversion rate for the day.

To big an issue to clarify here, but you really need to get currency exchange clear in your head, or else close your UK and AU stores, as giving refunds because the money you get doesn't look right is going to make for some angry customers. Don't know what you sell, but I sure would be doing just about anything to keep from refunding a $154 order!
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the items that I clicked on in your UK store are showing USPS calculated shipping, but they all reflect $0.00 shipping charge. Is that what you intended? Be sure you have your international shipping methods selected with the calculator, like Priority International, First Class International, or whatever you use, and that you have accurate packaged weights in your listings. It looks like maybe you left out one or the other.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the amount of the difference is small, it might be due to currency fluctuations.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She mentioned that it looked like a lot of money difference.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: