eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Non-Paying Buyer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaguarjuliebuys

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Non-Paying Buyer Reply with quote

How do I put notes or show a transaction as a non-paying buyer? I'd like to relist the item that has not been paid for; rate the transaction as NPB; and put a comment in the transaction history notes.

Is any of this possible?

Thanks for the help! Wink
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is NOT an auction site

This is a store - there is no ranking for buyers - they don't even register.

Think about it - if you go to JCPenny.com or Talbots.com and place an order --- do they get to rank you? I think not. Most STORES don't even allow the buyers to RANK them. They might have a testimonial page if you're lucky!
jaguarjuliebuys

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:

So, there is only the capability for a buyer to rate the seller, even if a non-transaction? Or did I not get that right? As I've had but 2 transactions; one paying; I'm still learning the ropes.

Thanks for being so helpful.
THEFlagCompany

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to look at the thread on feedback here on the forum
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaguarjuliebuys wrote:
BigTallMensClothing wrote:

So, there is only the capability for a buyer to rate the seller, even if a non-transaction? Or did I not get that right? As I've had but 2 transactions; one paying; I'm still learning the ropes.

Thanks for being so helpful.

You got it right. BUYERs do not even register - so there is NO WAY to leave them feedback.
LaVieEnRoseGardens

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jaguar!

What 'BigTall' means is that ecrater is like a huge shopping center and we all have little boutiques within. If you are used to selling auction style (or the-like-store), it may take you a little while to get used to the 'retail' concept but in short, it's your store, your cash register.

The important thing to remember, whether you run an on-line retail business such as eCrater, or just do auctions, is that you ARE a business and as a business person, treat all customers with the utmost respect. You only have 1 chance to make your first impression so make it count!

In the case where someone has placed orders and don't pay, I have a little "Friendly Reminder" email set up that goes a little like this:

Quote:
Hello again {Client's name}!
It's been xx days since we received your Order # (eCrater's number here) in the amount of $ xxx.xx for the following item(s):
(list items here) .

On that order, you indicated your choice of payment as (PayPal, Check, Money Order ... whatever it was!!). Since we have not received your payment yet, we wonder if it was just overlooked or if you are still interested in completing your order?

Although we do not mind holding this order for you, we require action on it in xx days so please let us know your intentions by simply replying to this email by {enter your deadline date here ... usually a 10 day-period). If we fail to receive a reply to this reminder, the order will be closed and the item(s) returned to stock.

Thanks again for your order and we'll talk to you soon!

Our deepest thanks and Best regards,

Your Name
Your email Address
Your webstore address here

The reminder is very respectful and not at all pushy or bullying. It simply states that you received the order, put it aside for them, what should you do with it!

I hope this helps! You can use the form letter if you like ... my customers find it very courteous
AKLeatherFashions

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very nice reminder post, Hope you dont mind If I use a similar reminder note as you have shown.
Smile
plussizelingerie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaVieEnRoseGardens wrote:
Hi jaguar!

What 'BigTall' means is that ecrater is like a huge shopping center and we all have little boutiques within. If you are used to selling auction style (or the-like-store), it may take you a little while to get used to the 'retail' concept but in short, it's your store, your cash register.

The important thing to remember, whether you run an on-line retail business such as eCrater, or just do auctions, is that you ARE a business and as a business person, treat all customers with the utmost respect. You only have 1 chance to make your first impression so make it count!

In the case where someone has placed orders and don't pay, I have a little "Friendly Reminder" email set up that goes a little like this:

Quote:
Hello again {Client's name}!
It's been xx days since we received your Order # (eCrater's number here) in the amount of $ xxx.xx for the following item(s):
(list items here) .

On that order, you indicated your choice of payment as (PayPal, Check, Money Order ... whatever it was!!). Since we have not received your payment yet, we wonder if it was just overlooked or if you are still interested in completing your order?

Although we do not mind holding this order for you, we require action on it in xx days so please let us know your intentions by simply replying to this email by {enter your deadline date here ... usually a 10 day-period). If we fail to receive a reply to this reminder, the order will be closed and the item(s) returned to stock.

Thanks again for your order and we'll talk to you soon!

Our deepest thanks and Best regards,

Your Name
Your email Address
Your webstore address here

The reminder is very respectful and not at all pushy or bullying. It simply states that you received the order, put it aside for them, what should you do with it!

I hope this helps! You can use the form letter if you like ... my customers find it very courteous

That is perfect, thanks for sharing!
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had someone buy something and never contact me or pay. So I started putting this in my ads "If you are NOT making immediate PayPal payment please contact me immediately so I can mark this item SOLD. Thank you". Otherwise it's will remain available, and if someone else happens upon the item, then it's going to be sold. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: