eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How Did You Choose Your Name?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yellowrose

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: How Did You Choose Your Name? Reply with quote

Have seen a lot of different store names and wondered how/why you chose your name? All are very nice and interesting.....

Mine is yellowrose. I chose it because I wanted something different and I love roses. Roses are gorgeous and I love their sweet fragrance. I am also from Texas. I think there is a song about 'Yellow Rose of Texas' but I am not sure or even who sings it.

Your turn......

Yellowrose

http://www.yellowrose.ecrater.com/
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: How Did You Choose Your Name? Reply with quote

yellowrose wrote:
I think there is a song about 'Yellow Rose of Texas' but I am not sure or even who sings it.

Stan Freberg! Haha, but I doubt that would be most people's favorite...
tchgiftsandthings

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FROM OUR ABOUT PAGE:

"Welcome to our eCRATER store....
TCH Gifts & Things is a Grandpop/Granddaughter internet based gift shop located in Dorothy, NJ. We have the same initials... can you guess what they are?" .... Tom Very Happy

Last edited by tchgiftsandthings on Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi yellowrose... when I saw your ID, I just knew you had to be from Texas! Very Happy ~ lots of creative store names here, I agree... mine's pretty much self-explanatory, LOL Cool

The song dates back to 1858... an old folk song they'd sing around the campfire during the civil war, and some of the words have been changed since then ~ many have sung it over the years, and I remember hearing it being sung a lot when I was a kid, but can't remember by whom.
Cher (also from Texas Very Happy )
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just love that you can Googleanything! Laughing
The Yellow Rose of Texas was recorded & made popular in 1955 by Mitch Miller ~ the sing-along king, with the bouncing ball ~ LOL
yellowrose

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: At what site have you had the most success selling? Reply with quote

Wow, Cher.

It is nice to meet another Texan! Thanks for doing the googling for me. Sometimes I forget you can find any and everything through Google. So now I know there really was a song. You have a very nice store.

Tom,

I give up! What do the initials stand for? I love family oriented businesses! Now spill it..... What do the initials stand for?

yellowrose

www.yellowrose.ecrater.com
yellowrose

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: How Did You Choose Your Name? Reply with quote

Ooops! Forgot to tell you, Tom, that I love your store! I especially love the charms.

yellowrose

www.yellowrose.ecrater.com
tchgiftsandthings

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: At what site have you had the most success selling? Reply with quote

Thank you yellowrose!

yellowrose wrote:
Tom, I give up! What do the initials stand for? I love family oriented businesses! Now spill it..... What do the initials stand for?

Ok yellowrose... Tiffanie Christina H. & Thomas Christopher H... TCH... Tom Very Happy
EtchingsandCollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are a husband wife team. Husband does custom etchings and Wife collects everything...
He is selling so many etchings locally that very many haven't made it to our online store.
And wife is waaaay out of control! Laughing
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love chickens and my store had to have something to do with them hence Hen House Gifts and Collectibles but find I should have maybe just done Hen House Gifts cuz I get tired of typing the long name lol
bargainsmall

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!. I also new you were from Texas. I am not originally from Texas but I live and love Txas. They told you right. I am glad you know that the song does exists.(lol)
We are a husband and wife, "it depends if someone wants to deal with the man of the house or the woman in charge of it all"
Our name is not common and not easy to figure our products either.

Mar- from 1st daughter -Marie
Vin-from 2nd son-Vincent
Joe-from 3rd son-Joseph

We just wanted to be original and mixed our own kids' names. We sell everything from us, our friends, family and town outings like garage sales, moving sales. We also act like brokers to some people we know and sell some of their over stock items, or pull out of shelves. I had done estates sales for some friends around too!
yellowrose

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: How Did You Choose Your Name? Reply with quote

We have lots of interesting names selling a wide variety of items. Tom, I knew the answer! Not really! Never would have guessed in a million years. lol. Glad to meet another Texan!

yellowrose

http://yellowrose.ecrater.com/
tchgiftsandthings

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: How Did You Choose Your Name? Reply with quote

yellowrose wrote:
Tom, I knew the answer! Not really! Never would have guessed in a million years. lol. Glad to meet another Texan!

Yellowrose... No Texan here. The only time I've been to Texas was to help out with the aftermath of Hurricane Rita back in Sept. '05. I live in "New Joisey", the land of Tony Soprano... Tom Very Happy
yellowrose

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: How Did You Choose Your Name? Reply with quote

Oops! Should have started a new paragraph. I was also talking to marvinjoe, henhousegiftsandcollectibes and Etchingsandcollectibles. Think marvinjoe said they also live in Texas.

Everyone have a great day!

yellowrose

http://www.yellowrose.ecrater.com/
bargainsmall

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Yelowrose.
I consider myself Texan all the way, I have a Texas clock on my livinroom that I never update the time and I call it "my Texas time" lol
Where in Texas are you guys from?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: