eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Drop Shpping!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azdeals

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Drop Shpping! Reply with quote

I was wondering if drop shipping on ecrater is legit?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused What do you mean by that?

Are you talking about if it is allowed?
Yes. See their Terms page.

Are you talking about if eCrater dropships?
No. eCrater is not a store or a merchandise warehouse or something like that. eCrater is an online store builder, a shopping cart.

If you mean something else please explain it. It is hard to tell from your question.
azdeals

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant to ask if it was allowed... Thanks for letting me know
acread

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem
craftsnstuff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that drop shipping is not allowed - or am I miss reading that?

4.5 What is not allowed to post?
- Items from drop ship service networks

There is a store in Canada that ships from China. Is that considered a drop ship?

Thank you for helping to clarify.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

craftsnstuff wrote:
I see that drop shipping is not allowed - or am I miss reading that?

4.5 What is not allowed to post?
- Items from drop ship service networks

There is a store in Canada that ships from China. Is that considered a drop ship?

Thank you for helping to clarify.
Drop Shipping is allowed. Drop shipping from service networks is not allowed. If you want to dropship from a major drop shipping company, contact eCrater via the contact link on the home page to determine if the company is an option. Most drop shipping is allowed. There were a few dropshipping service networks companies that were not allowed. I'm not even sure if the huge drop ship service networks that were a problem are even still in business.

edited to add = If you want to work with a drop ship company, check out the eCrater marketplace to see how many other sellers are trying to sell products from that company. If there are lots of other sellers trying to sell the exact same product from what appears to be the same source, you would be wise to find a different wholesale source.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

craftsnstuff wrote:
There is a store in Canada that ships from China. Is that considered a drop

Please make sure that listings clearly show that the item(s) are NOT shipping from Canada.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that rules originally referred to companies like Avon, etc.

Agree with cosmicray. If the items are ship from China always be clear with the buyers with item original ship location.

Note apart. Interesting original topic creator. The store still open, last Updated: 25 Aug 2009, and interesting feedback. Rolling Eyes
craftsnstuff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject: Ships from China Reply with quote

I always thought drop shipping was not a thing that could be done on eCrater. That was nice because so many were on eBay it was detrimental to some sellers.

It looks like everything is on hold from the seller.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Note apart. Interesting original topic creator. The store still open, last Updated: 25 Aug 2009, and interesting feedback. Rolling Eyes

That for sure is a store that should be shut down/suspended!! I doo not understand why people do this unless they are single with no one in their life and after opening their store got hit and killed crossing the street.

My husband and kids, no that if something happens to me, they need to shut things down immediately! But not everyone has that (family/friends) in their lives which is sad.

Following one of my knee surgeries, after I was out of the hospital and had the oomph to be cruising the internet, one of those things was nagging me that I wasn't hearing from some of my friends until I got a private message. One of the ladies that I talked with a lot was part of a walking group of ladies and when she didn't show up a couple days in a row, they went to her home to check on her and found her dead. Her daughter wrote me a lovely note to let me know. Same thing happened with my cousin a little over a year ago. His mom had fallen with a broken hip, crawled into her home where she was found a day and half later. As they were setting up how to take care of her, her one son didn't show up for the meeting so his brother went to check on him and found him in his favorite chair, dead. He was the same age as my youngest brother - when we visited them on vacation (they lived on a dairy farm) he and my brother entertained themselves jumping in cow pies. These kinds of things have made me very aware that we need someone to help watch over us.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is allowed. I used to dropship, but I had individual suppliers, not a dropshipping service network. Considering that the bulk editor is so limited, it is extremely time consuming to manage updating changes suppliers make.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Note apart. Interesting original topic creator. The store still open, last Updated: 25 Aug 2009...
The store is on hold so no orders can be made.
pickychicky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha! And people wonder why we have issues with old topics being brought up. Of course, I can understand in certain cases, but not this one. LOL I mean, what if I went to great length to answer this person's question? Time wasted?
elpereles

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Amazon is changing its opinion about drop shipping.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/2021/01/28/sellers-buzz-about-amazon-drop-shipping-policy-announcement/
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Elperles - several years ago I bought some coffee creamer on Amazon. The seller had a 96% feedback so I thought it would be okay. Two days later I get an email from Amazon saying it had shipped but no tracking number and then the 'joy' started. A few days later the arrival time got pushed back, still no DC, and then gets pushed back some more. I write the guy to ask what is going on. No response other than yet again changing the arrival date. Finally a month after I ordered it, it showed up. It was in a Sam's Club box with Sam's Club invoice inside, No indication anywhere that it was an Amazon order. I checked the DC# on the box at USPS and discovered it had been mailed only a few days before from a town 200 miles from us. Now I have two fake knees, but I think if I tried, I could have walked there and back in less than a month. So I go give the seller 1-star (there is nothing lower). State only the facts. And two hours later my FB was gone. I followed this guy for two months. Someone within the Amazon organization was clearing out ALL his 1-2 star feedbacks! While they were up, I saw so many with the same problems that I had had. They blamed all late and 'lost' deliveries on the PO. I don't think our PO all over the US is that bad for just one seller. The best feedback score I could figure for this guy was 40%, not 90 some. A few years ago I saw his feedback again and he was up to 98%. And he had so many bad comments in his higher number feedbacks, like someone saying it never got here as the PO lost it, so not his fault and they gave him 5 stars! This guy was everything bad that a seller could be and was obviously a drop shipper.

I understand when a seller finds themselves in a jam and out of stock on something they thought they had, that they order from someone else. When I find myself in that situation, I tell the buyer what happened so they know what is going on. But when someone is selling stuff and doesn't bother shipping it until they can find it cheap enough to give them a better profit and all that time once they say it has shipped, they have the payment as well. So he had my money for a month before he fulfilled the order. I believe it is illegal to take a charged payment until an item is actually shipped.

Some don't think it matters if someone is drop shipping or not. But in some cases, it is a real problem and then in others, a buyer gets something that isn't as described, the seller can't even say different as they have never seen it. I'm sure that most of us that buy online have all received something of much worse quality than the description makes it sound like. I remember when the internet was just opening up to sellers and so many would list an entire catalog of things they had never seen and then because they had such an eclectic bunch of merchandise were clueless as to how to promote it. Which is why I stick to a niche. If I am going to promote my sewing patterns, I would rather a buyer have a great selection than 50 that a buyer may feel that they have to choose from.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: