eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Can't access store

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SantaFeMarket

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Can't access store Reply with quote

When I type the name of my store: santafemarket, it says nothing there.

I am new and really don't understand categories. Please explain to a newby.

Also, where do I enter Question price?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your store is there -- http://santafemarket.ecrater.com/
You have NO ITEMS in it.
you have to to go www.ecrater.com and click on sign in
then you enter your products.

Looking at your cateogries I am thinking you entered your items as categories.

You might want to start with this topic first
Store Set Up - please read this before you ask questions
SantaFeMarket

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: I still cannot see my store with anything in it. Reply with quote

I logged on, entered all of my paintings and they are there in the preview, but do not show up in store. Why?
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BT is right, you have your items set up as categories. My opinion, the best plan would be to just delete everything and start over.

First make some categories for your store. I have no idea how to break down your paintings into categories because I'm not a painter. But for instance, you could group together the paintings of flowers and call it "Flower paintings" or "Still lifes" or "Nature" or whatever strikes you as best. Then you could make another category called "Outdoor scenes" or "Pastorals" and put all the paintings of outdoor scenes in that category. If you have portraits, make a category called "Portraits" and so on.

Once you have categories set up, then go to the Products link in your admin page and start adding the actual items (products) into the categories. When you click on Products, you'll see a button to "Add new product" and go from there.

Do read that link that BT gave you about setting up your store--it will help. Good luck!
Becky
acread

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you list anything you need to create Categories (those are ot the listings. They are there to organize listings so it is easy to browse them in the store. They are like folders in your computer. Have a similar function.)

Then you go to Products and create products (or listings or items, whichever term you like).

I think you entered name and price as Category name and uploaded product image (hence we are seing those categories as featured categories in your stores homepage)

Anyway do the following:

1. Go to your eCrater account
2. Go to Categories and edit the categories you have to remove the price and give a proper category name.
3. Go to Products and click "add new product" and enter info for all the required fields like name, description, price, Global category (choose from list of eCraters categories), local category (chose from the list of categories you created), tax, quantity (Qty.), weight, shipping. Find photo name in your comp by clicking on browse.
4. Click "update &exit"
5. If you have more images to add use the camara icon. If you want to add Google Attributes for product use "G" icon. If you want to make a copy of the listing and just tweak it for the next item use the copy icon.

You add or copy listings in this manner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: