eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Have you shopped on ecrater.com?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Have you shopped on ecrater.com? Reply with quote

I am just curious how many sellers here actually have shopped on the site or a particular store here. No need to mention the store name. I just am curious what you thought as a buyer.

#1 - Have you shopped at www.ecrater.com? YES or NO
#2 - Have you shopped at a particular store at ecrater.com? YES OR NO
#3 - Did you bother to leave feedback? YES or NO
#4 - Were you happy overall with the seller? YES or NO
#5 - Were you happy with the overall experience of the site? YES or NO
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only just recently made my first purchase at an eCrater shop although I have browsed the main site before.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. forthcoming
4. TBD (although I don't have any doubts I will be)
5. This one is tough for me. Generally speaking, I think it's fine -- but I'm used to how it works, more or less, so I didn't think too much about it. The thing that stands out, though, is being taken back to the store's front page after dropping something in the cart, rather than being taken back to the category I was shopping in. A minor annoyance.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've made one purchase. The seller posted about her ecrater store on ebay and I looked for her and bought a cookbook.

I didn't really need the book but I wanted to see how the buying process went and the book was cheap. Turned out to be really nice book.

I just left feedback today.

I was totally pleased with the whole transaction.
pegasussoaps

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I haven't did any shopping here yet but I knew a couple of sellers that I have bought from before, so I will be checking out their stores soon.

~M
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have browsed but not shopped on ecrater yet (I tend to check everyone's stores out on the forum, mainly), have a couple bookmarked, though!
buddyslighthouses

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just now made my first purchase on Ecrater...and it was way easy!Smile

Got a Birthday Present for my adorable granddaughter from the lady the sell handmade raggedy ann dolls.

Thanks so much for selling those wonderful dolls with quilts.
capitalus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly browsed throught the stores, but haven't made any purchases (yet). I am looking to buy memory card for PS2 for my kids right now and was hoping to find it here, but nobody sells it .. Generally I noticed not many people sell electronics on ecrater, I wonder why?
breezeauctions

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have shopped on Ecrater.
I was very happy with the seller but I did not leave feedback. I do not like the system because it is not fair. If you get a neg feedback you cannot comment about the transaction or buyer. It was an overall great experience and I will look to buy more things in the future. Its a great untapped resource for many items!
HandcraftedDollsbyLu

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello buddyslighthouses,

I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but a fellow ecrater seller saw it and told me you had posted about me in this thread! I'm so glad they did!! Thank you so much for the complement and the purchase!! The doll and quilt set is really cute, and I'm sure you're granddaughter will love it!! I'll have the set mailed out to you tomorrow!! Again, thanks!!

Lu
tinaslittlecritters

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Not yet but definately will Reply with quote

I haven't bought anything yet, still new and trying to figure out how to get the store going but I have browsed ones that have posted in the lounge and bookmarked a couple. Since I handmake my things I'm always looking for a good place to get my supplies. Will probably search for animal eyes next, any suggestions before I go searching?? See ya all!
Tiny Critter Hugs~
Tina Smith
www.tinaslittlecritters.ecrater.com
bluemellow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a purchase from an eCrater store before setting up my own store. Unlike ebay, I didn't have to join to make a purchase. This made my purchase very quick and easy.

1. YES
2. YES, but what's the difference between question 1 & 2?
3. I am still awaiting goods, but not sure if I'll leave feedback. My experience watching ebay's feedback tell's me it lacks fair play, i.e. feedback hostage taking, retaliation against honest buyers when duds are rec'd, or honest sellers not given chance to correct any problems - there is a lot of feedback abuse on ebay. But I must say that I am unfamiliar with ecrater's feedback system right now.
4. Yes, Seller was very friendly and accommodating, although the scheduled shipping date was three days following the date of order/payment - not very good. I have found that when people buy online, they want it yesterday, so I ship within 1 business day of receiving payment.
5. Coming from ebay, I'm somewhat spoiled in terms of the site's sophistication and features. But I gladly forfeit those bells and whistles for a few headaches, specifically, moving in and out of sections can get a little tiresome.

Hope this helps.

bluemellow
ljstores

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the early days my husband bought a car from ebay and had to travel a great distance on a greyhound bus (he could get anyone to come with him at that time)
He managed to get home in the car but had to do maintenance almost immediately and once he got it home he realised it was nowhere near as described and he still was awaiting paperwork on it. After numerous emails to the seller with no reply he left neg feedback "buyer beware"
The feedback the guy left for my husband was "LIAR !!!!! He hasnt even seen the car!"
As an honest person it really upset my husband but he learned a big lesson that day about buying from ebay and the feedback system.
He would not be inclined to leave negative feedback for anyone even if they deserved it after that happened.
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 - Have you shopped at www.ecrater.com? NO
#2 - Have you shopped at a particular store at ecrater.com? NO
#3 - Did you bother to leave feedback? N/A
#4 - Were you happy overall with the seller? N/A
#5 - Were you happy with the overall experience of the site? IFFY

I have browsed the stores, and came across one that had some items I wanted. I had some questions and emailed the seller several times, and never received a reply. I think it was an abandoned store, and often wonder how many stores there are on e-Crater that are abandoned.

Quote:
I was very happy with the seller but I did not leave feedback. I do not like the system because it is not fair.

Quote:
I am still awaiting goods, but not sure if I'll leave feedback.

Do I think e-Crater should have feedback? Not really, but I can't understand why as a seller you wouldn't leave good feedback for another seller, despite how you feel about it personally, especially knowing that it can only be of benefit to that seller since the feedback is there for all to see and it does reflect on their business.
bluemellow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but I can't understand why as a seller you wouldn't leave good feedback for another seller, despite how you feel about it personally, especially knowing that it can only be of benefit to that seller since the feedback is there for all to see and it does reflect on their business.

For me, it's not about leaving or not leaving feedback, it's a question of whether its even valid. It's quite evident that many folks (on ebay for example) place very little value on it, other than "you leave me positive, I'll leave you positive...". It becomes a game... then it's about ratings and no longer about the actual product/service received. Those of us who have experienced unfair play with feedback may be somewhat dubious about its value so we may place less importance on it anyway when making our buying decisions. My bruise hasn't quite healed so I'm still undecided on this going forward.
bluemellow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way FANCY FLAPPERS, I meant to say that I LOVE your store. You have some really fine things! Very Happy
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: