eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

hits don't mean much i guess.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tons-of-great-deals

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: hits don't mean much i guess..... Reply with quote

Just started to list yesterday, and of course i am not even dreaming of selling things yet, although i hope for it....Got some hits.. but do they mean anything??????
I promoted my store here and there, and simply just wait until things move along.
Since I am new here ,could you tell me what is the traffic like here? Do you have to wait a long time to start selling? or is is pure chance of luck?

Thank you.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hits mean people are seeing your items. They can be people who see your store on the forum and checking you out, or it can be shoppers who find you via your promotions or outside search engines.

A lot of hits do not necessarily mean your items sell. Sometimes items sell within 2-5 hits. Promoting your store throughout the web helps bring buyers to your items. Sometimes you are just plain lucky. Maybe it is fate that brings a buyer and your item together, but mostly it is hard work promoting your store.
momsretro

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's luck and hard work. At least you have hits! Maggie is right, things can sell after a few hits, or a million. It just depends on your product.

If you sign up for Google Analytics you can see where they are coming from too.

Good keywords and descriptions will help get traffic from search engines. And plaster that widget all over your web pages, it has helped me.
noadi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really really need to set up Google Anaytics, the hit counter in the control panel isn't very accurate and should really be used as a rough guide. With analytics you get a lot more info, not just hits but total visitors to your store, average time spent on your site by visitors, average number of pages they view, where the visitors are coming from, and if they came via a search engine what keywords they used.
nothingnew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mom.........thanks for that tip! i'm getting hundreds of hits but no sales?
nothingnew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just signed up for whatever you call that analysist thing and need to know if you have to add that link as is in each listing?
tons-of-great-deals

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: thx Reply with quote

thank you all for tips and good advice. In fact I signed up to google as adviced, did some free advertising, but the progress is small. I get hits but no bids.. i guess because i don't have any ratings yet... still, with 150 record so far and still going for hundreds more i am hoping for at least 1 bid... just to get me going and get some feedback too...

by the way I sell nwt gymboree and other children clothing in low prices.
StarBrightShop

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Google Analytics Reply with quote

So when you sign up for this service - where to do paste the code? I don't see any place where I have access to my html code. Can anyone help with this??
StarBrightShop

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: control panel? Reply with quote

Where is this control panel that shows hits? Nevermind , I found that. Smile
acread

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Google Analytics Reply with quote

StarBrightShop wrote:
So when you sign up for this service - where to do paste the code? I don't see any place where I have access to my html code. Can anyone help with this??

Please read: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=6512

(you only paste the UA# not the whole code. not at eCrater anyway)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: