eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google is processing all of your Checkout sales for free !
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Google is processing all of your Checkout sales for free ! Reply with quote

To celebrate the holidays, Google is processing all of your Checkout sales for FREE for the period November 8 through December 31, 2006. On January 1, 2007, the standard transaction fee will apply again.

If you haven't signed up for a Google Checkout account we will recommend you to do so.

sign me up for Google Checkout

or

learn more about Google Checkout

Last edited by ecrater on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:26 am; edited 2 times in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXTENDED

FREE until December 31, 2007
hemphappy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: It's Feb 3, Is google checkout still free? Reply with quote

When I sign in to my ecrater store, it says Google Checkout free until Feb 1, 2008. Is it still free? If not, what are the new fees?
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it's 20 + 2% of the total but check with the site to make sure...
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of today (Feb 4th) I do not see any indication that they are subtracting fees from the amounts that I am charging. Did they extend the free period yet again ?
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Did they extend the free period yet again ?

Not that they have announced. BUT it's too soon for you to tell on payment after 2/1/08 what amount has made it to your bank.
quiltlover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Google Check out not in Canada? Reply with quote

I just tried to sign up for Google Checkout, it seems to be offered in the US and UK only. What is wrong with Canada? Or am i missing something? Anyone have any experience with that?
blackbirdfabricsplus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No they don't take Canadians yet Monika, bummer isn't it! Sad
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
As of today (Feb 4th) I do not see any indication that they are subtracting fees from the amounts that I am charging.

If you've had a payment since the 1st I think the fee deduction shows up in there, doesn't it? In your Checkout admin, I mean. I haven't had a new payment yet so I haven't looked again.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you've had a payment since the 1st I think the fee deduction shows up in there, doesn't it? In your Checkout admin, I mean. I haven't had a new payment yet so I haven't looked again.

Actually I have 2 payments - one on 2/1/08 and one on 2/04/08 NEITHER show any fees. Payout on the one from the 1st should happen today --- so I will watch that. BUT for now the whole amount is showing there.
funcoolcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget though, if you also use Adwords you are getting some of what you used last month in free Checkout transactions. $10 for every $1 you spent in Adwords for January.

I think it was on Feb 1st that on my Payouts tab it showed I qualified for "x" amount of dollars in free transactions. It doesn't show now but it did.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
Actually I have 2 payments - one on 2/1/08 and one on 2/04/08 NEITHER show any fees. Payout on the one from the 1st should happen today --- so I will watch that. BUT for now the whole amount is showing there.

Same here, I had a transaction on the 1st, saw the payout today, no fee subtracted.

I'm going to try a wild guess about what we are seeing... GC is not going to ding us for fees on a per transaction basis. Instead, they are going to settle up at the end of the month, where they can CR/DB any Adwords dollars you might have coming. Just a guess, but that may be whats about to happen (which means we would see a single hit per month). If so, I wish there was some place I could see the accumulated fee amount rolling up.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm going to try a wild guess about what we are seeing... GC is not going to ding us for fees on a per transaction basis. Instead, they are going to settle up at the end of the month, where they can CR/DB any Adwords dollars you might have coming. Just a guess, but that may be whats about to happen (which means we would see a single hit per month). If so, I wish there was some place I could see the accumulated fee amount rolling up.

I HOPE You are wrong. I don't like that. take it well you have my money, not hit me with a chunk later!

I am thinking (hoping) that they run into some issue - it not working right - so they put it on hold, lol.

Not to mention I would think with some many sellers running from ebay to other places that will also allow them to run from PayPal that Google is holding off for now but can spring the fees at any time since everything says 2/1/08 fees begin.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y' know, I could've sworn that my Google payments (in Checkout admin at least) had a place where eventual fees were itemized (with zeroes in that spot for now). But I just checked a couple and it's not mentioned at all. Did I dream that?

I agree with BT -- I hope they're just having some issues that need to be worked out. If they collect once a month I may have to rethink using it.
andreasSecondChanceRomance

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had 5 sales between 02/02 and today that used Google Checkout to pay, and none of them show a fee in the google payments page. And, even though the deposits usually take 3-4 days to hit my back account, even the early ones haven't shown up as of today. I HOPE they itemize the fees and deduct them on a per transaction basis. I like to calculate per sale how much I've made & I'm not able to do that with these sales since I'm not sure if I'm paying GC a fee or not Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: