eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New Bulk Lister
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:10 am    Post subject: New Bulk Lister Reply with quote

A new bulk lister has been launched. It is completely different from the old one and has many improvements. The only accepted file format is tab delimited file. You can also see the status of your file in real time.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
6. Your bulk file must not contain products sharing the same photo.

OUCH!!
that's a killer!
childrens-jewelry-gemologica

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where does one find the details of the new bulk uploader? Is it now just that the bulk upload file can be submitted online, or is there new functionality as well?
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

childrens-jewelry-gemologica wrote:
Where does one find the details of the new bulk uploader? Is it now just that the bulk upload file can be submitted online, or is there new functionality as well?

click on bulk lister on the left menu
everything is there.
childrens-jewelry-gemologica

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that mean there is no new functionality, just the ability to submit it through the admin?
dakotaexchange

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand the delimited stuff or how to get a file that way.

I guess I am stuck continuing to list my stuff one at a time.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dakotaexchange wrote:
I don't understand the delimited stuff or how to get a file that way.

I guess I am stuck continuing to list my stuff one at a time.

Do it in excel or whatever spreadsheet you use
then do file>Save As change the file type (located at the bottom of the save as box in excel) to tab delimited
adultbooks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: it's a bit more complicated than that. Reply with quote

Yes, putting your list together in excel is a good idea.
Yes, saving it as a tab-delimited text file is a good idea, but for all windows users saving a text file is not all you will need to do.

Windows text files are, by default, DOS format text files.

Strangely enough, the bulk.txt sample text file downloadable from ecrater is a UNIX format text file.

I was having problems with the bulk lister feature and thought that perhaps my text file was in the wrong format. I converted my DOS format text file to a UNIX format text file and instead of the "failed" response I saw after my first 4 attempts, this time I see a Green check mark in the Verified column.

Some people have had questions about what data to use in the taxable and condition columns. I had the following:

Taxable Condition ---> in the header row
yes used ---> in every other row

I posted additional details in my original forums post on this subject which you can find at the URL below:

http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=10993&highlight=bulk+lister

Ciao for now,

pj@adultbooks on ecrater
leeflangarchives

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How would one convert DOS text to UNix text if one does not have a Unix environment, but a Windows one?
adultbooks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: how to convert to UNIX format Reply with quote

One needs a text editor that can do that kind of conversion. I use UltraEdit32 which can do the conversion easily, but I'm sure there are other programs which can do it. Perhaps there are even some freeware text editors which have the capability.

I'm certain that I'm not the first person to answer this kind of question with:

Google It

It's not difficult to find answers for just about anything on Google. All you have to do is try.

I ran a search for the following:

"text editor" freeware Convert UNIX DOS format

and got immediate results that look very promising. Assuming that the programs in question actually ARE freeware, you can't beat the price. Be sure to examine the pages carefully though because one often finds the word freeware included on pages that offer downloads of programs that are not freeware. Usually there will be some indication, but you may have to conduct a thorough search of the page to find it. In any case, there should definitely be a freeware program that can accomplish the conversion for you somewhere among the 17,800 results.

Good Luck,

pj@adultbooks on ecrater.
eBlairClothing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:49 pm    Post subject: Taxable/ used/new Reply with quote

Still no answer about the bulk lister fields taxable/ non-taxable values being "yes" or "no" or "1" or "2" and the used/new being "used" or "new" or "0" or "1". Can someone please clarify?

thanks

www.eblairclothing.ecrater.com
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: Taxable/ used/new Reply with quote

eBlairClothing wrote:
Still no answer about the bulk lister fields taxable/ non-taxable values being "yes" or "no" or "1" or "2" and the used/new being "used" or "new" or "0" or "1". Can someone please clarify?

thanks

Have you used the contact form at www.ecrater.com ?
adultbooks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: Taxable/ used/new Reply with quote

eBlairClothing wrote:

thanks

I had yes in the taxable column and used in the condition column of my bulk lister text file and it worked fine for me. All of the items in my list have now been added to my product listing on ecrater. It worked just as it should once I converted the text file to a UNIX format text file.

Smile

pj@adultbooks on ecrater
eBlairClothing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:58 am    Post subject: Bulk lister Reply with quote

Just contacted them. Thanks.
asaneagifts

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious, have many of you used the Bulk Lister successfully?

We have tried to many times. But it kept coming back with errors and the waiting time was so long that it was faster (or rather less frustrating) for us to manually create the products...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: