eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

ebay Busted Me but So What !!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thisthatnmorestore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: ebay Busted Me but So What !! Reply with quote

*sigh*....ebay finally caught my links to my eCRATER stores on my ebay Store Page.
My guess is someone tattle taled on me but oh well...was fun while it lasted.

I did however FINALLY read the guidelines in regards to where I CAN link off ebay sites...
We can use our About Me Page to link to our off ebay stores.

What's great about that is you can set your ebay store up so that when people click to visit your store
they are directed DIRECTLY to your About Me Page.

So this isn't too bad afterall.

I was doing well for awhile stocking my 2 stores here at eCRATER.

Sad to say I have to refocus back on loading up my ebay store because that is where the sales are.

We may bitch and moan about the fees there but reality is if you are looking to make ALOT of SALES and ALOT of MONEY
ebay is where we need to be, for now anyways... Sad

With the holidays here and playing Santa to 4 kids I really enjoy the extra money ebay brings in.

This is the time of year when ebay traffic peaks out bigtime.

I would much rather keep my ebay store up and running and draw in new customers that I can link to my eCRATER stores via a simple email.

For those getting discouraged with sales here...DON'T.

USE ebay to draw in customers.

I have been offering my customers referral promotional discounts and it is working wonders.

Most of my sales are being done via emails.
People are not using my eCRATER stores, they simply email me what they want and I send a request for payment via Paypal.

eCRATER has been more of a place for "window shopping" for my customers.

People familiar with Paypal feel safe and secure because of the buyer and seller policies of Paypal.

See email addys, feedback...who cares when you find a good product for a good price.
Paying via Paypal in a kind of customer insurance .

WOW ! I sure did ramble here.

A few people PM'd me some things and I sort of took it here and answered...sorry.

Hope some of my ramblings help others.

I am a TOTAL internet store geek/freak. I LOVE all this stuff Very Happy

I wish everyone LOTS of sales and a great afternoon/evening !

~Suzy~
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tchgiftsandthings

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suzy.. what did Meg's minions say?... Tom Very Happy
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
if you are looking to make ALOT of SALES and ALOT of MONEY
ebay is where we need to be, for now anyways...

Not true. My sales for October where 3 times as much here as in my eBay store. You just have to know how to market your e-Crater store. Very Happy
Tsurfer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy that is the truth feebay is NOT the place to be anymore. Nothing is going on their. I still have a few auctions up and its stuff that would sell all the time. Now no bids for days and days.

I'm plugging ecrater everywhere.

I don't think you will find the same traffic this year at feebay like years back. It has done a lot of NO NO's to people buyers and sellers.
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything I have read lately concerning auctions, states that e-Commerce is the trend right now. Sellers and buyers are turning away from the auction venues.
CollectibleMemoriesandMor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had quite a few sales on the E recently but only put things on I'm pretty sure will sell. Anything I make on there give me a change for selling items on other venues. I used to have a lot of items on E but now only have 3 -4. It is true that whenever anyone thinks of online selling they think of the E. Unfortunate but true right now. Maybe not always. I hope.

Joyce
buddyslighthouses

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason people end up on Ebay is because that is where the search engines send them. Do a search for any product you might be looking for...you will get a page of links. Most of those links lead directly to Ebay or an Ebay store.

Ebay is dominating the search engines. The reason Ebay dominates the search engines is because so many store sellers advertise their stores by submitting them to search engines. Ebay had a perfect viral marketing campaign set up that never rested. This is why Ebay led the way in online sales for so long. Along with their own marketing, they also had the advertising the Store Sellers were doing. This all happened very naturally. They (Ebay) did not understand this and failed to see the "Big Picture". They have hurt themselves badly by treating stores the way they did.

Now that so many of those sellers have left Ebay, it's domination is getting weaker.

If everyone here submits their stores to search engines regularly, as more stores and sellers join ecrater; then Ecrater will begin to dominate the search engines...and everyone will get more sales. We all have to work together to make this happen.
wahm922

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree!

I'm sure most folks are busy listing away for the big .15 sale Rolling Eyes

Nope, not me I'm not giving Meg and her clan one more penny Wink
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The reason Ebay dominates the search engines is because so many store sellers advertise their stores by submitting them to search engines. Ebay had a perfect viral marketing campaign set up that never rested.

Not entirely true, mon cheri. Ebay dominates Google and somewhat in Yahoo search results because they employ alot of black hat SEO techniques, lots of cute little java script tricks.

You won't find a lot of Ebay results in MSN search results, go check it out. So much for the Google boys working to perfect the perfect, non-spammy search engine result Rolling Eyes

I work harder at showing up in MSN than any other SE. The results are cleaner,and while more people may Froogle, it only takes one hit to the right person to make a sale. The heck with Google and Yahoo.

Sorry to digress. Hat's off to the lady with 4 kids, been there, done that! Smile It does take a lot of extra work when selling off-Ebay, but once you break the barrier, you'll see a whole lot more self-satisfaction (not to mention you'll keep more of the moola LOL) If you spend X amount of time every single day of the week optimizing, you will break through.

Last but certainly not least, my experience has been that non-Ebay customers are SO MUCH nicer to deal with, too.
Seamless-Switchplates

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ebay Busted Me but So What !!

Fight the power OP!

I recently got a email where eBay is trying to "bust" me for having a link to my store here (somethings that is perfectly eBay legal) from my me page. I copied my me page and saved it just in case they tear it down.

Those clowns and jokers are always after the wrong people. Can they crack down on scammers? no way! lool
emptyingthecupboards

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tsurfer wrote:
Boy that is the truth feebay is NOT the place to be anymore. Nothing is going on their. I still have a few auctions up and its stuff that would sell all the time. Now no bids for days and days.

I'm plugging ecrater everywhere.

I don't think you will find the same traffic this year at feebay like years back. It has done a lot of NO NO's to people buyers and sellers.
I agree, I packed up my eBay stuff and took to the local antique/collectible store. What I got from her was about what I was getting on eBay. Not worth the trouble! I love my site on eCrater! I tell others about it too. I get much more traffic for my crafts here than I did with eBay. THANK YOU! eCrater!!!
bluemellow

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I sold three items on eBay, and my last two auctions closed this morning without sales. I'm debating whether to put some new items up, but I really resent the high fees. The most enjoyable part of selling for me is passing great deals on to others, but with the fees ever-increasing, it has become more and more difficult to cover my own costs whilst still giving great deals. I paid two eBay invoices yesterday, and they totally wiped out my PayPal account! Crying or Very sad

That was a great suggestion to use eBay's "About Me" page to link customers to eCrater. I'm also planning to email my "excellent" eBay customers and letting them know I have new digs.

I'm still learning (slowly) about how to draw traffic to eCrater but I'm picking up a lot of tricks right here! Thanks guys!! Very Happy
Seamless-Switchplates

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluemellow, If your not already be sure to put a link to your ecrater store in your email signature. I have found that helps alot.
bluemellow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seamless-Switchplates wrote:
Bluemellow, If your not already be sure to put a link to your ecrater store in your email signature. I have found that helps alot.

Oh what a great tip!! Surprised Thank so much!! Wink

Bluemellow
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you haven't already done so - grab your drink of choice and read
Advertising ideas for PROMOTING your store
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4

The information in that thread is priceless!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: