eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Improving Meta Tags and Keywords - HELP Needed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Improving Meta Tags and Keywords - HELP Needed Reply with quote

Again I have tried to raise my Meta Keywords and it is driving me up the wall. Rolling Eyes (To find your Meta Tags go to the eCrater Navigation bar, Texts & Colors, and click on Edit Texts) I have managed to go from terrible to poor and now to very poor! I am moving but the wrong way! Embarassed

I read it helps to check keywords used by sellers who offer your type of items. It was interesting to see the keywords others are using but it didnt help me to increase my numbers. There must be an easier way but I havent found it. Sad

By using this link I have checked some eCrater sellers and have found ratings of 100% for the Title Tag and 100% for the Meta Description Tag but so far not one with a perfect Meta Keywords score (whatever perfect might be): http://www.widexl.com/remote/search-engines/metatag-analyzer.html

Has ANYONE been able to get their Meta Keyword to good or better? I really would like to know if its possible and it sure would give me another round of energy for trying again. If you have PLEASE POST YOUR SCORE so Congratulations can be given for all your hard work!!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Improving Meta Tags and Keywords - HELP Needed Reply with quote

Must leave for the day so did a last attempt with the Meta Keywords and OMG see what happened!!!!! Smile
Talk about dumb luck!!!
Very Happy

Quote:
Keywords:
Keywords meta tag contains no errors.
This tag contains 9 keywords and 59 characters.
Keyword relevancy to page content is very good.
The keywords relevancy to page content is 89%.
JewelryDesignsByCher

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL ~ you did great!... best I can get to is Fair, and that's with lots of editing! I tried several times for hours, til I was ready to pull my hair out, so I took what I could get. I don't see how it can tell me that my page relevance is only fair... I created the items, but I guess I have no clue on what keywords buyers are using to search by, that are also relevant to my items *sigh*
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Improving Meta Tags and Keywords - HELP Needed Reply with quote

Cher - This may be just a fluke but the way I found my keywords happened by using a combination of the Meta Title and the Meta Description. Smile

Wording I had used on both were almost the same and both had received a score of 100% so in desperation that is what I used and it worked. Perhaps that is the secret to ending the stress of Meta Keywords?
Very Happy Try it and let me know.
Joyce
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: