eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How do I ... close my store for a week ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: How do I ... close my store for a week ? Reply with quote

Sales have been brisk. Sometime later this week, I want to pull the plug so that people don't place last minute orders expecting that they can still get it shipped cross country (not to mention I have my own shopping to do).

What is the correct 'OFF' switch ?

I see 'More Option -> On Hold', but that has a curious warning 'If you do this your store will become inactive.'

I want to stop sales, but then resume sometime after the 25th.

thx, Ray
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put it On-Hold. That is the purpose of Hold. It disables the buy now buttons on your products. So people will see but won't be able to buy stuff. They can still contact you through the ASAQ.

When you are ready to take it off of the hold you go to the same place you put it on hold.
myvintagetoybox

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also thinking about putting my store on hold. Many of my items are flat rate shipping and the new shipping rates go into effect 1/09 so I will need to readjust 100+ items or go to the shipping calulator.

~When a store is on hold, do the products still show up when googled? Is the only difference that the Buy button is disabled?
noadi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will show in normal google search if google has them indexed. However they won't show in google shopping results after the next time ecrater updates the feed to google (2-3 days usually) and they'll reappear again after you take the store off hold (again after a small lag).
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old thread, but an ongoing question (I guess)...

Closed my store on Dec 17th (via On-Hold), then released it on Jan 1st. All during that time I was receiving ASAQ, but I told people to check back after the holidays.

Today, Jan 10th, which is 9 days after I reopened my store, none of my listings are showing up in Google Products. Anyone know how long this takes (or could there be some technical issue lurking here) ?

thanks, Ray
acread

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It takes a while longer for items to reapear at Google Shopping compared to when you first listed them (don't know exact time and I don't think anyone but Google would know). Just wait a bit longer.

But my listings also disappeard from there. So it may be some feed issue. On whose side I have no clue. I don't have much time to worry on it.

You keep promoting at other places. Google Shopping is not the only source of traffic.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:
You keep promoting at other places. Google Shopping is not the only source of traffic.

It may not be the only source of traffic, but my best estimate is that Google Products was driving 90% of my sales.

Is there any method of capturing my eCrater listings so that I can submit my own feed to GP ?

thanks, Ray
acread

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
ACRead wrote:

It may not be the only source of traffic, but my best estimate is that Google Products was driving 90% of my sales.

Is there any method of capturing my eCrater listings so that I can submit my own feed to GP ?

thanks, Ray

But if eCrater's feed starts working again that would be considered double submission of same content which is against Google Base rules. Google may suppress your listings in the search results.

If you are that worried contact eCrater about it.

As my point I think you are relying too much on one source for buyers. You need to expand your efforts to the rest of the net. Otherwise in the case of mishap you'll be cut off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: