eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Made a sale but no communication to let me know?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barebasicessentials

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Made a sale but no communication to let me know? Reply with quote

Had my ecrater store for a while http://barebasicessentials.ecrater.com and made my first sale but there was no communication via email there was an order. The only way I know is because the buyer contacted me they didn't recieve their purchase. It doesn't seem like the buyer completed the order but shouldn't I have received something letting me know there even was an order created?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
AlmostAntique

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you check on your admin page on the side there is a link that says orders. If you actually had a legit order it will be there. Did they pay with paypal then you should have a payment listed there as well to show that it was paid for. If it is legit. You can explain that somehow there email must have gone to your junk mail file and you didn't get it and that you are really sorry. But if there is no record on your orders page showing that it was indeed placed it just might be a scam. Be care and do your research.
Michelle
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the order is paid by google checkout YOU have to set your Google check account up to email you. Google belives the customer is theirs once that button is clicked therefore it's against the partnership of google and ecrater for ecrater to email you.

Quote:
It doesn't seem like the buyer completed the order

IF the buyer DID NOT COMPLETE the order --- then there was no order.

HOW was it paid?
No payment? then it's not an order if Google was used. If PayPal you should have an email from ecrater and an unpaid order sitting in your orders on ecrater.
acread

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the customer didn't complete the payment why would she expect to get an item?

Is this a paypal order? Do you have a merchant account? If you have a personal account and the customer payed with a credit card you won't see the payment until you upgrade your PayPal account to a merchant account (and probably not get notified since the order process is not finished).
barebasicessentials

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The buyer completed the order but doesn't look like there payment was completed. Do I only get a notice if the payment was completed? When i go into the order section in the naviagation section I see the order and in the view order it has on the bottom delete, charge and cancel. What is charge? Do I have to process the order for the buyer to complete the payment. This was my first order so not sure the process. Thanks all for the help.
acread

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a PayPal payment? Or a Google Checkout payment?
barebasicessentials

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google checkout
barebasicessentials

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also checked my google checkout and I have clicked to notify when I get an order.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet Google doesn't see it as an order since there was no payment through them.

Oh -- or maybe you have your Google account set to manually charge the buyer's credit card.
acread

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to charge the order. You have it set at manual charge. So unless you charge it I guess they don't notify you (maybe) by email.

Does the customer still want it. It is late. Make sure the customer does before charging the credit card. If being late is going to create an issue, it might be better never to charge the credit card and cancel the order. Contact the customer and let her know of the delay and ask what she would prefer.
barebasicessentials

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I should have this checked?
Automatically authorize and charge the buyer's credit card.

Everything else is checked in order processing. I'm still concerned why I didn't get a notice there was even an order.

The buyer did contact me to ask where there order was. I told her I never received any notice there was an order or payment. I sent her a paypal invoice for what she ordered and shipped it out today.
acread

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barebasicessentials wrote:
So I should have this checked?
Automatically authorize and charge the buyer's credit card.

That would just make sure the orders after this will be automatically charged. If that is what you want to do then yes you check it.

Quote:
Everything else is checked in order processing. I'm still concerned why I didn't get a notice there was even an order.

I'm guessing until you click the charge button in the order details it doesn't send you a notice. Since it was set to manual.

Or it could be that Google Checkout goofed and skipped the email notice. Which does happen once in a while. Better to check your Google Checkout and PayPal account for orders daily. (Which is what I do) despite having all notice stuff set.

Quote:
The buyer did contact me to ask where there order was. I told her I never received any notice there was an order or payment. I sent her a paypal invoice for what she ordered and shipped it out today.

Why are you invoicing? You just need to charge the credit card at the Google Checkout. The customer made the payment. You just didn't charge the card. As soon as you charge it, the money will transfer from her account to yours. So if she pays the PayPal invoice she will pay twice. Plus Google Checkout is cheaper for you that PayPal.

If you need to invoice with Google Checkout it is located in "Tools".

update: sorry I just thought of something. If you don't charge the order for an extended time then maybe the charging option disappears. I wouldn't know since I never left one uncharged for more than a day. But if it does then you'll need to invoice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: