eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How long will it take to receive eCRATER's reply?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mandarinpal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: How long will it take to receive eCRATER's reply? Reply with quote

I wonder usually how long it takes.
Any input will be appreciated. Smile
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best bet is to ask you question here in the forum.

It's the holiday season
ecrater.com is busy keeping the site moving fast

Unless your question is about your store suspension I suggest you ask it here.

Your suspension can have something to do with the fact you are not selling actual tangible items.
acread

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This stores suspension is being discussed in the following topic: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=14921

As for how long it takes to get an answer, it is the holidays. I'd suspect a few days after the holidays are over. But hey that is just a guess. Don't rely on it. I have no knowledge of eCrater's schedule.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How long will it take to receive eCRATER's reply?

I suggest you read this -
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1214

particularly this statement
Quote:
If your store become suspended please identify the problem, fix it and then email us though the contact form with a request for re-activation.

YOU must identify the problem FIRST, FIX it, then email them. They might never reply if you didn't do your part first.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are certainly plenty of people selling on ecrater who could benefit from your services. There is a category for services which translation would fit into.

I think you should be able to come up with a package deal that would be acceptable and not by the word. One word in Mandarin might be five in English or vice versa.

As for you being the go-between for seller and supplier, remember ecrater does not allow clones, replicas, counterfeits or other trademark/copyright infringements.
mandarinpal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. I'll try again in several days.

maggiethehousecat wrote:
There are certainly plenty of people selling on ecrater who could benefit from your services. There is a category for services which translation would fit into...

Yes, I chose the category of "Services".

maggiethehousecat wrote:
I think you should be able to come up with a package deal that would be acceptable and not by the word. One word in Mandarin might be five in English or vice versa...

I agree with you. But it is said that most people prefer price per word or per thousand words (Of course the price is also a thousandfold). It seems also not fair to charge per page, because some pages are full of words, while the others, pictures and tables. I think the pricing method can be negotiated. Wink
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been following this situation with some interest as I worked as a translator several years ago, and have actually wondered if I could set up a site and use Ecrater as the shopping cart to do it again at some point. I also did some proofreading/editing in the past and wondered about that as well.
Quote:
I think you should be able to come up with a package deal that would be acceptable and not by the word. One word in Mandarin might be five in English or vice versa.

Pricing by the word is common now, and easy to do with MSWord or other software that automatically gives you a word count. The words are counted in the original language. I don't know any Chinese but I would assume it could be done the same way. Pre-computers, I think page pricing was more common.

I hope I'm not derailing the thread! Smile But that's what I love about reading this forum--it can really start your mind working sometimes!!

Thanks to everybody and Happy New Year!
Becky
mandarinpal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Becky. Happy holidays. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: