eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

no such product?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mandarinpal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: no such product? Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad
I am a newbie here. Yesterday I began to build my online store. How excited I was!

I added products in the categories and uploaded the logo, but when I clicked the products at the left side of the "preview" page, it says, "no such product". Then I "on-hold" my store, but the result is the same.

Another question: The "product" of my store is translation. Is translation regarded as "Items that are not for sale" or "Pre-order items"?

What shall I do? Close the store? Can anyone give me kind advise? Sad
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that was fast. Your store is suspended. That's why it says "no products" even though it shows there are listings in the Categories. And of course the Google Ads in your store categories means you are suspended.

You need to fix the issue. Remove whatever is against eCrater's terms (see their terms page) then contact eCrater directly from their contact page and get your store back.

Since we can't see the product pages right now from here, it is not possible for us to tell you what may have caused the suspension. Maybe translation is considered pre-order (I doubt it though). There are people who sell custom order stuff.

Was the description and titles meaningful? Meaning more than a 1-2 words and describing what the service is clearly. Were they in English (can't have completely foreighn language listings)?

I don't know how the buyer agent listing was, but that would be my suspect. That one doesn't appear to have a clear product maybe that is what caused the issue. You cannot sell pre-order items.
cuppatea

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to tell without seeing the items but the Terms page says

3) Purchasing
The $10 in the price column is not correct.
Either salary per month or commission per purchase will be OK. It depends on the products and quantity. We can discuss this later.

Perhaps the problem is not putting the real price on the item, although it is hard to do with the service being described. Many people will not see the Terms page, just the item page. Hope that helps!
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your product is translation that is not a tangible product and I believe it is why you got suspended. Like everyone else says though you have to deal with the site administration as we can't really do anything.
mandarinpal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Thank you all.
ACRead wrote:
...Maybe translation is considered pre-order (I doubt it though). There are people who sell custom order stuff.

Selling custom order stuff such as custom cloth is allowed? It seems that custom-made items are like pre-order items. Both are not avaliable when they are listed. I am confused. Embarassed

ACRead wrote:
...Was the description and titles meaningful? Meaning more than a 1-2 words and describing what the service is clearly. Were they in English (can't have completely foreighn language listings)?

All listings are in English, but the title tag is "Translation, Proofreading and Purchasing Service". Embarassed

cuppatea wrote:
...Perhaps the problem is not putting the real price on the item...

ACRead wrote:
...I don't know how the buyer agent listing was, but that would be my suspect. That one doesn't appear to have a clear product maybe that is what caused the issue. You cannot sell pre-order items.

I am afraid so. "As a buyer agent, I need not to take photos of the items one by one." I thought yesterday.Rolling Eyes

I'll contact ecrater about that. Merry Christmas! Smile
mandarinpal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink
A wrong post has just been deleted.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"As a buyer agent, I need not to take photos of the items one by one."

A buyer agent --- that would mean you are posting items you want to buy????
If that's the case -- no that is not allowed.

pre-order refers to items not available for sale yet. Items that are not on the market or out of stock but you want to sell them collect the money and ship it later.
DVD"s is a great example - you can not have a listing for a DVD that is not officially released for sale.
mandarinpal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
Quote:
"As a buyer agent, I need not to take photos of the items one by one."

A buyer agent --- that would mean you are posting items you want to buy????
If that's the case -- no that is not allowed.

buyer agentI mean purchasing agent. Embarassed
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I mean purchasing agent.

Still -- what do you think a purchasing agent is?
mandarinpal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Purchasing Agent, I think, is a Sourcing Office or Procurement Office, who looks for the suppliers for certain Retailers or Re-sellers. Embarassed
acread

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does not matter. Whatever the name. You need to be in possession of the product to be able to sell it (it has to be in your home, storage area or your store, so that when someone puts in an order and pays you, you can immediately mail it). You cannot say "OK you pay me money then I will try to find what you want. I don't know if I can or when I can." It doesn't work that way. Doing that is against the terms of this site. At least the way you are trying to do it. You cannot put that as a listing.

You can buy hard to find stuff (before you list it) and list them. And let people buy it.

If you don't want to invest any money to purchasing stuff you are not sure of being able to sell, then you can put info in your "About" page that you can purchase stuff for people if they will contact you. Let them know how to contact you. But you cannot put it as a listing a product page.

If people contact you you can invoice them and they will pay the invoice. This way eCrater won't be in the middle of it. So it won't matter and your store won't be locked away. Remove the listing then contact eCrater directly from their contact page (here is the link: http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php ) and let them know you corrected it.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: