eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

INSURANCE for your outgoing packages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: INSURANCE for your outgoing packages Reply with quote

USPS insuance for packages is the worst and most expensive you can buy! A waste of money!

I have been using u-pic insurance for years now! It's cheaper and covers shipping charges as well as the item cost!

Why pay the high cost of carrier provided insurance? Ship with the carrier and insure with U-PIC at a discount! Whether you ship hundreds of packages a day or want to insure that special package once a year, U-PIC has a program to meet your needs.

They provide substantial savings on insurance for shippers using UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL, Airborne and most other carriers.
Are you ready to start saving money on every parcel that you insure? Click here

What is U-PIC?
U-PIC is discounted package insurance for packages shipped via major carriers such as UPS, U.S. Postal Service, FedEx, etc. The package is shipped by the carrier but insured by U-PIC, saving you hundreds, perhaps thousands of dollars every year. You will save 60-80% on your insurance costs. There are no minimum requirements, U-PIC has a program for every size shipper.

Why do companies use u-pic?

Four key reasons people use our service is to: Save Money, Save Time, Save Paperwork, Convenience. By streamlining your insurance program with U-PIC you will eliminate unnecessary carrier trips as well as nonrevenue producing tasks from your employees.

History:
U-pic has a dedicated, competent staff with 14+ years of insurance application and claims processing experience to assist you with your package insurance needs. U-PIC has been a partner of the United States Postal Service for years and offers an insurance tool online.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
emptyingthecupboards

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: INSURANCE for your outgoing packages Reply with quote

You've talked about this company several times. I didn't get off my duff but I did go sign up. Thank you. aka patunie P.S. do you get credit when I go through the link?
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"do you get credit when I go through the link?"

YES, I am set up as a u-pic affilate so I do get a "finders fee"
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what you really need to do. get a policy. You report monthly only the item with insurance on them. Then after you establish yourself with them - 6 months - you call them and ask for a FLAT RATE policy. On a flat rate policy EVERY package you send out is insured!

I have used them for YEARS. My flat rate increased for the first time this year (been expecting it for a long time) and it only increased by 50 a month, lol!
My business over the years has almost tripled. Therefore I am paying so little to insure my items it's unbelieveable!

On auctions and ebay store item I require an extra 75 for insurance on every item sold which more then covers what I pay monthly.
I don't charge on items in my ecrater stores., but since every package I send is insured they are all covered!
shopgirl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the policy, do you have to pay a premium each month in addition to the insurance?
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shopgirl wrote:
For the policy, do you have to pay a premium each month in addition to the insurance?

I don't believe so.
The rate is less then USPS. It's like 65-85 per $100 on each package. USPS is like $1.30 for $50!

The best thing is after you are with them 6 months to a year you can ask for a flat rate policy and pay a predetermined amount each month based on your history with them.
zeldasemporium

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Insurance Reply with quote

I use DSI insurance with a flat monthy rate. Very inexpensive.

I have had one claim, and it was super-easier than the USPS. Can all be done from your computer. Painless.

Very Happy

Donna
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Insurance Reply with quote

zeldasemporium wrote:
I use DSI insurance with a flat monthy rate. Very inexpensive.

I have had one claim, and it was super-easier than the USPS. Can all be done from your computer. Painless.

Very Happy

Donna

I do have to agree. Since this thread there has been a price increase with u-pic.
My cheaper then dirt policy went up to $100 a month. I said NO WAY and I moved on.

I would have gone with DSI but for now I have decided to just go package by package instead of getting a policy to cover everything.
OldHouseCollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using DSI for over a year. It is great for insuring International Air Letter Post (Cost $1.00) as the USPS wont cover that type of mailing. Canada is covered for $.70 and the USA is $.50.

I have been selling books so DSI is only used a couple times a month. My flat rate is higher than someone who does a lot of shipping.

DSI will also send you inserts that can be enclosed with your packages so that your customers know their package has been insured.
ABookAbout

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use DSI, also. Great rates. They offer a referral program, too. If anyone new would like to check it out, since there is not one posted yet, could you use mine?

http://www.dsiinsurance.com/transfer.asp?refId=132
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: