eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

"make offer" or "negotiable" price opti

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a2kelley

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: "make offer" or "negotiable" price opti Reply with quote

Is there a way to do "make offer" instead of setting an actual price? or possible a negotiable price?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean automatically done by eCrater: no.

If you mean manually by you: yes. You can state you are open to negotiation in your description of the product. And ask the buyer to send offer through Ask seller a question link to you. And do the negotiate through email exchanges. When you agree on a number just invoice the buyer or change the item price.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCrater.com is for stores.
Stores have set prices.
acread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
Stores have set prices.

Not really. A lot of the time you can walk into a brick and mortar store and ask them to give you a discount. And they would (some would at least). At times they would rather sell it a bit cheaper than keep it in the inventory. Storage might cost them more instead of the few dollars of loss the discount brings.

I don't know if opening yourself up to bargaining before even asked is a wise thing though. Then people who look at the prices would think why should I buy this for this price instead of haggling. And even if it didn't occur to them initially and they would have paid the full price, they will opt for haggling. And there are a lot of people out there who would just love if paid them money instead of they for taking the product. So a lot of the time haggling is not really a productive way to go.

I'd say set your prices to reasonable amounts with a little wiggle room. Then if someone approaches you for a bargain, then go for it (if you are willing).
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:
I don't know if opening yourself up to bargaining before even asked is a wise thing though. Then people who look at the prices would think why should I buy this for this price instead of haggling. And even if it didn't occur to them initially and they would have paid the full price, they will opt for haggling.

This is my thinking as well. Unless, of course, you set the base prices crazy high and target those folks who live for haggling -- so, in the end, you still get the price you wanted. But I don't know how many product lines that works with..
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:
Stores have set prices.

Not really. A lot of the time you can walk into a brick and mortar store and ask them to give you a discount. And they would (some would at least). At times they would rather sell it a bit cheaper than keep it in the inventory. Storage might cost them more instead of the few dollars of loss the discount brings.

AND your ecrater store can do that with coupon codes and google checkout.

Personally, I haven't been to a store that a buyer can name their price. But I shop mostly at WalMart and Sam's
acread

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:
Stores have set prices.

AND your ecrater store can do that with coupon codes and google checkout.

Personally, I haven't been to a store that a buyer can name their price. But I shop mostly at WalMart and Sam's

That probably is the thing. At Wallmart they are at the very bottom of the margin. They don't have much wiggle room. Don't know much about Sams club. But just check out what people who have turned haggling into a life style say. They really make stores drop prices at the most unexpected places. Where you would thing the store would never haggle. Usually they ask if the item is going to sale later etc then ask to get that price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: