eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Too important not to know IF you sell ANYTHING -Please read
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VANILLA-BEAN

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The government allowed these items into the US for years.
Now they are holding all of us ,the American, people to suffer anyway they can.
Whether to make money or to save money by buying used items.
There should of been at least a years warning.

Now, how are we going to recoop the money we spent purchasing these items to resale?

They could of made it simple and have all sellers post a disclosure for every item and let the buyer decide for themselves.

I guess the government doesn't want us to think for ourselves. We might get wise and find out what they truly have done with all our tax money and so forth.

This law is so confusing and costly in so many ways for the American people.
That is all I have to say.
Thanks for listening.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
somewhereinmymemories

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we don't like to discuss Ebay here, HOWEVER, what they just announced may help Ecrater. It was posted on the Ebay board on the clothing sellers board by Griff that Ebay is now working with a representative at the Consumer Products Safety Commission and that rep is asking for questions and concerns from sellers to present to the commission. On the Ebay board they are asking sellers to post their specific question there on the thread (IE if a product is made from a natural fiber such as wool, but a dye is used, does it need to be tested?, etc)
These questions will be presented to the commission, who does seem interested in the voice of online sellers, and not just Ebay, I'm pretty sure - because we do number in the millions. Most like since Ebay is a large venue, and fairly representative of all online sellers in the kinds of goods offered by all of us in general, that is why they are working with them.

So what's good for the goose will be good for the gander - if Ebay can get them to finally lock down answers on some of these things and hopefully provide exemptions, it will benefit all sellers on all the other sites. I'm sure Ebay isn't doing this out of the good of their "hearts" but rather because they know that they will be scr*wed if they lose the sales of literally millions of items.
tarasouth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Children's product sellers get 1-year reprieve on lead testi Reply with quote

Children's product sellers get 1-year reprieve on lead testing
The Consumer Product Safety Commission votes to hold off on some requirements that would have forced many firms to spend tens of thousands of dollars to check toys, clothing and other goods. http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-fi-consumer-lead31-2009jan31,0,7179159.story
lucine

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pranksrs wrote:
Couldn't you just put a disclaimer on your products saying "not intended for anyone younger than 12?". And putting warning labels on the products?

Ahh, I like your answer - we should all put that warning to avoid any "headaches and wasted time" - Very Happy
YayBeads

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, the law does a good job of providing no loopholes for craftspeople.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Couldn't you just put a disclaimer on your products saying "not intended for anyone younger than 12?". And putting warning labels on the products?

The problem is that such determination isn't up to the seller but rather the government. So it all depends on if they say it could be used by a child.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Update! Reply with quote

Found this article on the CPSC website today. It was revised effective Feb. 10, 2009. It answers some questions clearly but a lot is still muddy. The battle isn't over. Here's a link to the whole article.

http://cpsc.gov/about/cpsia/smbus/cpsiasbguide.html

Personally, I was delighted with the answer to Question 17 & wanted to share the good news with the rest of you.

Question 17: Can I sell vintage childrens books and other childrens products that are collectibles?

Yes. Used vintage childrens books and other childrens products sold as collectors items would not be primarily intended for children. Because of their value and age, they would not be expected to be used by children. Therefore, they do not fall into the definition of childrens product and do not need to comply with the lead limits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: