eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

new consumer law...does it hurt us?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Americasprice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: new consumer law...does it hurt us? Reply with quote

Ok, so as of Feb 10th the new consumer law goes into effect. Has anyone kept up with it? What I want to know is does it effect us as second hand sellers?

While I understand congress wanting to protect our children somehow this law was rushed into without even given thought to how it would affect the small business who sell second hand items.

I really do believe that this law should have been aimed at manufacture of the products NOT THE SELLERS! I have been reading and listening to how many businesses are planning to shut down because they can't afford to test the items (around $500.00)

If anyone has a clear answer to this vague law I would appreciate any answers you might have. Is anyone here still selling children's items? I have not taken the items off because in an article I read earlier is said that the law does not include second hand seller, thrift stores, etc. Yet, I have read many small thirt stores saying they are going to have to shut down.

Please let me know if you have anymore info on this law.

thank you.
Americasprice

www.americasprice.Com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are already a couple of topics discussing these issues. Just to keep the info in a organized and accessable to all, please post the new info on those topics (and refrain from posting the same stuff that has been posted).

http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=15088
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=14715

So to keep things organized I am locking this topic.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: