eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Free shipping in titles????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TilliesTidbits

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Free shipping in titles???? Reply with quote

Is it true that Google frowns upon the words FREE SHIP in titles? Since I offer free shipping on all my listings, should I add these 2 words, FREE SHIP, to my titles? Please advise.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tscsales

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your title caught my eye because I just got an email from someone who found my product on Google products and it showed my price and stated "with tax and free shipping". Now I don't have free shipping in my item's listing (and not in the title) and this product is not taxable. Does anyone know how I can contact Google to find out why they're showing that?
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Free shipping in titles???? Reply with quote

TilliesTidbits wrote:
Is it true that Google frowns upon the words FREE SHIP in titles? Since I offer free shipping on all my listings, should I add these 2 words, FREE SHIP, to my titles? Please advise.

TilliesTidbits Several years ago it was mentioned that free shipping should not be used in titles. Now I make sure that free shipping is a part of my description, attributes and in the keywords that I place at the bottom of each listing. This works for me.

Joyce
acread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Free shipping in titles???? Reply with quote

TilliesTidbits wrote:

I actually read that some time within the last year. I just couldn't locate the exact page. But here read this one: http://base.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=59466&hl=en They say to stay away from gimmicky stuff. They may consider "Free Shipping" on titles the same way.

Plus it will say how much the shipping and tax are on any product at Google Product Search. That is a recent announcement they made. Now every feed there is supposed to contain that info. And will be displayed at Google Product Search.
acread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tscsales wrote:
Your title caught my eye because I just got an email from someone who found my product on Google products and it showed my price and stated "with tax and free shipping". Now I don't have free shipping in my item's listing (and not in the title) and this product is not taxable. Does anyone know how I can contact Google to find out why they're showing that?

That has to do with the recent testing eCrater is doing to accomodate the new requirements at Google Product Search. Please read: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=14601
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean that Google will fill in shipping and tax if we don't charge it?

My items seem to have disappeared from Google Products. Where I might have 100 items, Google will show only 3-4 and the same ones every time I search.
kuchiestreasures

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused as to why all my items are showing up with this free shipping tag in the Google Products. I checked them and they show the correct weight and an order from today was charged shipping. How can I get this removed from my Google ads?
cuppatea

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding Free Shipping in Titles:
I've been confused about this too. When I had some items with free shipping, I included it in the title and didn't notice any Google issues.

I found a page (finally!) that discussed using the term Free Shipping in the Google attributes.

For the Description attribute it says
"Text describing the item. Do not include promotional or boilerplate text, such as "Free shipping!" or "Click here now!" We search over this text when matching user queries to your item. Please make sure you include the same item description available on your website in the description field in your data feed. "

For the Title attribute, it does not say anything about whether or not to say Free Shipping.

Here is a link to the Google info:
http://base.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=78170&topic=11271

Hope that helps!
EarringStop

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The TITLE is SUPPOSE to be the TITLE - not anything else but the title.
WE have always liked to use it for anything that we think is a searched out term - such as Free Shipping BUT reality is - that has nothing to do with the "title" of what you are selling.
acread

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaggietheCatsMeows wrote:
Does this mean that Google will fill in shipping and tax if we don't charge it?

No. If you are not charging tax it will not appear at all (talking about the green writing under the price of the item in the search results there) and if you have no shipping it will say "Free shipping". And both of these info is already determined when you list your product at eCrater and eCrater feeds the info to them.

At least that's how it was. I think they are playing around with the display a bit.
Quote:
My items seem to have disappeared from Google Products. Where I might have 100 items, Google will show only 3-4 and the same ones every time I search.

So have mine.
acread

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuchiestreasures wrote:
I'm confused as to why all my items are showing up with this free shipping tag in the Google Products. I checked them and they show the correct weight and an order from today was charged shipping. How can I get this removed from my Google ads?

Please read the following topic: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=14601
AlmostAntique

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

definately stay away from putting that information in your title. Put free shipping in your feature google attribute and in your description area. But it really is a waste of your title space as it does nothing to help you with search engine placement and actually makes it get passed over. Your title should contain as many key words as to the item that you are selling to make the most use of the characters allowed which I believe are 100.
pencechristmastreefarm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had several customers call or e-mail about the "free shipping" also. It was difficult to explain since I didn't know how it happened either. Some went and purchased, others didn't.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What attribute are you folks putting free shipping under? Feature?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: