eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hi, have problem with where to list????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boogerholloworiginal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Hi, have problem with where to list???? Reply with quote

Hi, just found this site. Been selling on another site. I do love the way this one is setup. Been having a few problems with the google thing.

My question is this. We make furniture, both small and large. I listed them under crafts, handmade. That really isn't the proper listing for our item. Antigue furniture really isn't right either for us, as our items are not antiques. Although, it might fit better there. Does anyone know where we can list our items, that would be more appropriate?? Thanks, Lynda and Al
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the time being I'd put the larger pieces in furniture and the smaller pieces in crafts BUT I'd also contact admin using the contact page and ask for a new sub category under furniture for hand crafted furniture.

As is furniture is chock-a-block with drop shipped and mass produced furniture but I noticed other people with hand made furniture posting there.

Another alternative is to post in Antique reproductions.

As for your site in general, I would use many more pictures for each item. Imagine you are in a furniture store looking to buy a piece. How would you look at it? Take photos of those details and allow on-line buyers to see close ups of your work.

Do you mean pine nuts or knots?

You have two categories with the same name. If you plan to offer a lot of different styles, you could have a category for tables, dressers, benches etc. or by bedroom, dining, etc. Large furniture and small furniture is a matter of opinion.

When you make your titles, make sure they indicate differences such as double dresser, and dresser. The more key words in your titles the more people will find your items.

Last edited by thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat on Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
boogerholloworiginal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
For the time being I'd put the larger pieces in furniture and the smaller pieces in crafts BUT I'd also contact admin using the contact page and ask for a new sub category under furniture for hand crafted furniture.

As is furniture is chock-a-block with drop shipped and mass produced furniture but I noticed other people with hand made furniture posting there.

Another alternative is to post in Antique reproductions.

What is chock-a-block??? I couldn't find a listing for furniture. I looked around, except for antiques there wasn't a place for me to put our items. I thank you for the suggestion. I will email admin. I was looking for where to email them. Again, thanks for your suggestion. Lynda
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chock-a-block is an expression meaning full.

Furniture is a sub category of Home/Garden

All your titles should state hand made. This is important.
jjseuts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We hope everything works out for you.

Welcome & Good Luck!

Jay
theswordguys

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed you had two categories titles small furniture and one of them is empty...just thought I'd let you know in case you need to delete one of them. Just a thought too though You might want to put a picture in for the place image here picture, Good luck to you though
boogerholloworiginal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theswordguys wrote:
I noticed you had two categories titles small furniture and one of them is empty...just thought I'd let you know in case you need to delete one of them. Just a thought too though You might want to put a picture in for the place image here picture, Good luck to you though

Thanks I will do that. Been trying to get an image in the block on the left. The one that is for an image. I did put our corner desk in one spot. Thought I could put something else in the block underneath, but can't seem to find where to click to replace the image that is there now. Anyone know where to click for that. Thanks Lynda
acread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please take a look at the FAQ and Solutions section of the forum. All those are answered there.
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewforum.php?f=13

See: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2097 and http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=3752

Also check the Help section. Odds are someone already asked your questions and got answers.

You can use the Search feature at the top of the page to find topic with the content you are looking for as well.
anidas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: