eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New to ecrater: Planet Books

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
myplanetbooks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: New to ecrater: Planet Books Reply with quote

Hello, I'm new here. My website is: www.planetbooks.ecrater.com.
I just opened yesterday. I have to do the bulk loading and weight matrix. I've been reading the postings. Very good information out here so far.

My store is very new, so I will not be asking for suggestions on the store itself later, not just yet. I will be selling books, mainly. I just wanted to say hi.

Any success (or problems) with book selling through ecrater. I sell on Amazon, but things are slow and they take a good chunk of the profits. eBay has listing charges, and books sometimes don't sell well there. Half.com, I'm not sure about that one, I've tried selling there, but not much activity there either.

Book sellers?
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi planetbooks, Glad that you are joining us on eCrater! It is a pleasure to see another book store opening. Smile

I was selling on eBay for 8 years, come this January, and was very happy doing a few auctions and taking care of my eBay store. That all changed in August as couldnt afford keeping the store. I was delighted to find eCrater and hurried to open my stores! Very Happy

The eCrater site is growing so fast that eBay had better watch out!

I hope you will enjoy being here too,
joyce
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
EtchingsandCollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and Welcome,
We also sell books plus a variety of items.
So far sales have been on the light side, but we have been here only about 2 months.
We like the no fees and the fact we can charge our own prices for combined shipping.
Combined shipping cannot be done on Half.com or some other sites.
myplanetbooks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, nice store rainy day. How long have you been here? How many sells have you made? Any advice?
YourRainyDayBookStore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: New to ecrater: Planet Books Reply with quote

Thanks, planetbooks, as it has been easy and fun to work on the store. I believe I arrived at eCrater in early September. Most of my listings are priced around $5 so it wasn't surprising that my two sales were on the low side. Even so they were sales and I did a Happy Dance!! Laughing

You will find valuable information, in helping you set up your store, by reading the forum posts. Read as many of them as you can! You also find that sellers on this site go out of their way to help.

The text that you enter for your store is important so be sure to fill out FAQ and the rest that are listed under Edit Texts.

joyce
tchgiftsandthings

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome PlanetBooks... Tom Very Happy
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to ecrater.Good luckwith your store Smile
myplanetbooks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:52 am    Post subject: New URL will be request Reply with quote

Thanks all for your responses and information.
If you are following this thread and want to see my webpage, I'm requesting a change from planetbooks.ecrater.com to myplanetbooks.ecrater.com.

That is because I have secured a domain on the internet:
http://myplanetbooks.com.

Again, I will ask ecrater to change my URL to myplanetbooks.ecrater.com.

Thank you
wahm922

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

I've been on eCrater just as long as BigTall, over a year and I love it here. I do have 4 stores with a book store being my newest.

http://books4sale.ecrater.com

Books have always big a big part of this family and I figured it was time to see if I had any success online with them. My Mom works at the library so right now that's where my inventory is coming from - Friends of the Library booksales.

I was planning on listing on Amazon and was just kind of "parking" my books here until I had aquired a larger inventory. You say Amazon is slow? What bothers me is the big sellers listing them for pennies, how can anyone make anything on that? My time is worth more then a few cents.

Anyway as you can see, i'm new to book selling but not new to the workings of eCrater so hollar if you need anything and I'm open to advise on the book selling end Wink

~Danielle
myplanetbooks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wahm922:
Even though things are slow now in Amazon, it's probably because of the Holidays. I suppose people that sell gifts and stuff are selling better than those selling books, unless the books are gift books and best-sellers.

But I think it's good to sell on amazon and some how promote your ecrater site (I have a separate website www.myplanetbooks.com, and promote that through my selling alias www_myplanetbooks_com, and that website really points to my ecrater site). So give everything a try.

Let me know how it goes. I saw your store, you do not seem to have many books in there just yet. Do you have a big inventary or plan to get more?
bestbuy3d

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope your store gets of to a great start.
Have a great holiday season.

-Turner

http://BestBuy-3D.com
Tsurfer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to ecrater and good luck in your sales.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: