eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Drive more traffic to your eCRATER store
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
attheshack0006

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not allow ebay feedback transfer
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

attheshack0006 wrote:

ebay rules don't allow for transfer of feedback. The feedback actually belongs to the site not to you - read ebay terms and rules. Therefore, unless a site wants to end up in a battle with ebay they are best to stay away.
thewitchscauldron

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried to get Google checkout many times over the past 2 months and it won't let me because:
A) The credit card I have is for emergencies only which I had one last month and had to spend the balance down to almost nothing, and my CC provider will not let me so much as add it to a site even just for verification purposes as long as my balance is under $5. Not sure why. I can't make a payment on this until I get a few sales on here because I'm having major financial troubles so, this is going to be my sole source of income til I can find work. I also do not have a debit card because I prefer to handle bills and things in cash or money orders.
B) It said my alternative (if I was on the right site) is to add my cell phone and verify by text until I can add a card. I have all texting blocked on my phone.

Is there another way to sign up so I can increase my selling chances? I have tried asking Google directly but, I am currently on email attempt number 7 and still no reply after 2 1/2 months! They do not believe in getting on the ball at Google, lol.
2daSource

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a debit or check cashing card with a Visa or Mastercard logo, that will suffice.

As will a Visa gift card.
2daSource

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am one that will not sign up for GCO. I have already read too many horror stories from sellers who have been kicked off of GCO and had any money still in the system refunded to the buyers, even if the items had already been shipped.

GCO has also implemented a requirement on new accounts that a percentage of money coming in will be held in a rolling reserves, in case the buyer initiates a credit card chargeback. This hold on funds will last for 60 days, at which time Google will examine the account and make one of three determinations.

1. The hold will be lifted.

2. The hold will be extended for another 60 days.

3. The account will be terminated and any money held refunded to the buyers.

GCO also requires that sellers have a return policy. Since my items are easily copied, I don't allow returns, so I don't meet the requirements.
treasuresofthepast

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2daSource wrote:

Quote:
GCO also requires that sellers have a return policy. Since my items are easily copied, I don't allow returns, so I don't meet the requirements

To my understanding, Google Checkout (GC) requires sellers to publicly display a formal return policy on their websites. This does not mean GC requires sellers to accept or allow returns. It only means you have to state on your website whether or not you accept returns and what your policy regarding returns is.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PayPal has similar "hold" requirements for new accounts too.
2daSource

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
PayPal has similar "hold" requirements for new accounts too.

That may be, but I've had my Paypal accounts for years.
Comics-Emporium

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
attheshack0006 wrote:

ebay rules don't allow for transfer of feedback. The feedback actually belongs to the site not to you - read ebay terms and rules. Therefore, unless a site wants to end up in a battle with ebay they are best to stay away.

Actually Ioffer and Ebid both have a feedback transfer system which pulls you feedback from your eBay site or other site you want it pulled from and Copies its into your feedback system on your Ioffer or Ebid store for that.

Note:: it only puts in the positive and/or negative feedback and comment, not what the item purchased was!!
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comics-Emporium wrote:
bigtallmensclothing wrote:
attheshack0006 wrote:

Actually Ioffer and Ebid both have a feedback transfer system which pulls you feedback from your eBay site or other site you want it pulled from and Copies its into your feedback system on your Ioffer or Ebid store for that.

Note:: it only puts in the positive and/or negative feedback and comment, not what the item purchased was!!

Just because sites do it don't mean it's not against the rules. I don't do ebay so maybe it's changed but it used to be in the terms - these days no one reads them ALL do they?

At least on ecrater EVERYONE starts out at zero.
Art-Objects

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: google search Reply with quote

Hello Administrators, (BT, Maggiethecat, et al)
Thanks for all your help, but I am a bit in the same quandary as Alice (SomethingOLd) in that I have followed and double checked all four items spelled out by Maggiethecat in that Midwest Art Objects is not showing up in search nor do any of my products in regular search. I know I'm doing something wrong and have a lot to learn (for ex., what is a "SEO"?) I just don't know what it is. Thanks for any help you can give.
betterjerseys

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Google Check out Reply with quote

I have tried to add Google checkout to my store, but I live in Canada and surprisingly Google doesnt have checkout service here yet. Is it worth for me to continue having a store here?
auntiem

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: google checkout and google search Reply with quote

I have had Google checkout for more than a year. The Google checkout badge was showing up in Google shopping searches for me but now it is not. I am wondering if this is why traffic/sales are down. Maybe it is part of the recent Google search glitch at the end of Oct.

Here's a sample search:
http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&client=firefox-a&q=auntie+m+crystal+vase+zipper

Martha
at Auntie M
http://auntiem.ecrater.com/
Unique Vintage Collectables, our speciality.
auntiem

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly, I just checked search rankings on Yahoo search for my store items and it was right at the top.

Hmmm.....

Martha
at Auntie M
http://auntiem.ecrater.com/
Unique Vintage Collectables, our speciality.
wowostore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.fevira.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: