eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How long did it take you to have the first sale?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WarmMyHeart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: How long did it take you to have the first sale? Reply with quote

Hi
I am a new to eCrater and wondering generally how long did it take you to receive the first customer?

I am very interested in hearing your business story like how you got started and what motivated you to start an online business.

Since I am a college student, I have a paper coming up which needs to interview an entrepreneur who has started his/her business. Please let me know if you are able to offer me some help by answering me a few questions regarding you and your business : )

Thanks a lot!!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was selling on eway and a buyer wanted a discount on a large number of items. I had signed up at ecrater but had nothing listed. I listed the lot she wanted giving her the discount she asked for and she left positive feedback. So I got my first sale and feedback immediately with only one item listed.
jjseuts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Very Happy

In February of 2008 I listed 1 item and had only that 1 item. I had forgotten about it until I got an email in May of 2008 stating that an item had sold!

I have been here ever since.

They are going to have to DDRRRAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGG me kickin' & screamin' & fightin' & cussin' to get me away from here now Wink

Love it ~ Love it ~ Love it

Jay
kawaiibobo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opened my store in February 2008 and had the first sale the same month! Love eCrater!
tarasouth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my first sale within the first few weeks. I would have had one sooner but the buyer was hesitant to purchase because I did not have any ratings. I love eCRATER, I have been very lucky so far with having great customers.
Books2Read

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my first sale within a month of listing. Several more came quickly after that. Things have dropped off during January, but that's OK. It's costing me nothing to list and I don't depend on sales to pay the bills. It's more of a hobby for me.

Love ecrater!
nothingnew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

took me about 1 month but my first sale was for an expensive clock. so it was worth the wait.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been here a couple years and I don't really remember but think it was a couple months.
beachcatsbargains

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About a month and fairly steady ever since! Cool
imprintedbeads

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had one sale here. It was about 6 months.

I have since changed to a wholesale site, and I am contacting gift shops in person with direct mail follow up.

Hope to do well this tourist season.
nothingnew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've had 19 sales in 2 1/2 months. with a couple being high ticket items
timewarptreasures

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I opened my store in late November with about 12 items and had my first sale in about 3 days. I've sold about 68 items since then (far more than I thought possible). I haven't listed anything on feebay in about 2 months and they are now calling me about their "seller development" program LOL. Sales do seem to come in bunches for some reason so don't get discouraged if a week passes with no activity, when you least expect it you might be shipping more than you feel like shipping some nights. I don't promote as much as I should but be sure to put your name anywhere you can - submit your domain to sites, post on relevant forums, create a blog or two - it really helps with traffic. Read the promote your site posts, they have a lot of good information. Above all give it some time and don't quit. Good luck on your store and on your college paper.
hilltopshoppe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I opened my store as a way to make a little extra cash and find a home for some unwanted items. I started with apparel and accessories but switched gears within a few weeks and now I sell mostly collectibles and home decor type items. I started in February 2008 and within one month I had my first sale. There was a minor problem, I had apparently neglected to enter a number in the quantity box when I listed the item and the buyer wanted 3 of them when I only had one! So I had to send an email to straighten that out and I learned quickly how to do a refund... it all worked out and the seller gave me a wonderful feedback. So that really encouraged me to stick with it, as did all the kind words and great advice from the other sellers here at eCrater. Looking back over this past year, I've averaged about 2.5 sales a month, which certainly isn't enough to live on, but still satisfying and fun. And I really don't promote my store as much as I should. I don't have a very large inventory, although it is growing... just today I listed my 100th item!

Best of luck to you!
abouturface

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really can't remember how long it took get my first sale. It wasn't right away I don't think. I kept my eBay store open for about 5 months just so I could continue to sell. However, once the sales starting coming in on a regular basis on eCrater I closed my eBay store for good.
Only one of my stores is having any significant sales, averaging about one a day, but I have had a few in the other and only 1 sale so far in my newest store. I am getting a lot of hits in that store so hopefully, the sales will start coming in.
Good luck on your paper.
Vicky
http://pinknpretty.ecrater.com I have over 2000 items in this store
http://abouturhome.ecrater.com Have over 500 in this one.
kawaiierasers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I opened this store a couple weeks ago and have had a few sales. I am still on epay though and will stay there until things pick up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: