eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Website name and ecrater store name are the same is that ok

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FancyFavors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Website name and ecrater store name are the same is that ok Reply with quote

Most of my ecrater items are showing up in google search with my store name Festivity Favors. However I just opened up a new website a few weeks ago with the name Festivity Favors too. Will that be a problem as my items from my new website are not showing up in google search. Only the ecrater site is coming up under store names. I am thinking that it might be a problem because why would Google put my store name in there twice? Please advise if you can. I am thinking that I need to change my ecrater store name so that my personalize website items show up in search as well.

Thanks!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same store name may be problematic. They just changed the way these are being fed to Google, so I don't know how problematic. But the more important thing is if you are posting the same stuff with the same title and description in that other store Google considers that double submission of the same content, which is against Google Base terms. So stuff you submit later (the second store) may get suppressed in search results never coming up even if the info is in their database.
FancyFavors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That exactly what I thought. I am thinking that I should change my ecrater store name? Would that be your recommendation too?
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

festivityfavors wrote:
That exactly what I thought. I am thinking that I should change my ecrater store name? Would that be your recommendation too?

ASSUMING you are signed up for google base for the submission of the items on the other site -- you can easily log in google base and change what is shown to be something like festivityfavors2
You don't have that option with ecrater.com because they submit the google feed for you using your store name.

BUT if you want to change your store name on ecrater.com (that will be like starting all over) you can find out here -
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=8985

I SEE plenty of stores that sell on several venues and have the same names within google base and it never seems to create a problem. The google feed submission includes a link on each item so it's not like the links will get mixed up. Google sees that it's coming from different sites so it knows it's not the same place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: