eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Girl Scout cookies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CuriousOwlBookShoppe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Girl Scout cookies Reply with quote

Hello everyone.

I am a Girl Scout leader and I have a pet peeve that I wanted to vent a little about while also hopefully convincing you not to buy GS cookies online.

1. Selling online is not allowed. It is against the rules that the parents and girls both agreed to.

2. The profit that the troop makes per box is so little that if they are being sold at below cost, or at cost but with free shipping, then order to make it profitble they may be A) last year's cookies (i.e. a couple of months before sales begin our council sells the prior year's cookies for $1 to deplete that inventory before starting all over again) OR B) already paid for (i.e. my troop takes orders from customers for cookies that we deliver to the Blue Star Moms for soldier care packages).

3. If a profit is actually being made then you are supporting someone else's community, and more specifically you are supporting a dishonest troop. Help build up your own community by going to GSUSA.org and finding your local council. Local councils will set you up with a local GS troop to order from.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
jjseuts

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the information. Very Happy
viewfinders

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know. That's one of those things I never think about. Odd. People come to my door selling everything under the sun but no girl scouts--ever. Too bad. I miss those cookies. I used to excuse the lapse in calories by claiming I was supporting a good cause.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viewfinders wrote:
I used to excuse the lapse in calories by claiming I was supporting a good cause.
Thank you, I'll remind myself I'm supporting a good cause as I munch on my girl scout cookies. Laughing

In our area, the scouts set-up tables outside the grocery stores, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc. at different times so you usually see them. This year I had missed them until yesterday. I was leaving the parking lot and they had a table set-up with a sign that said "Last Day For Girl Scout Cookies". Well, I did a U-turn & stocked up. Wink (They freeze well) I've been feasting on them since I was a Brownie which was a loong time ago as I'm a vintage seller. OP thanks for putting out the word... I was aware of the information, but it needs to be said online every year for those who don't know and thanks for being a leader!
wilbere

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Good to know about Girl Scout cookies Reply with quote

Hi, and that is good to know! The Girl Scouts in our neighborhood also set up a table by the grocery store, and are so delighted when they make a sale. Just as delighted as we are when we buy them and gobble them up, starting in the car ride home!

I've seen online sellers list the full range of explanations and reasons why it is "good" to buy from them to support their troop. Good to have more background on what is really going on.

Thanks for posting! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: