eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How are your sales going ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can submit your URL while you are logged in. What I'm saying is DON'T submit the URL you see in your browser while you are logged in, hit preview and submit that URL.

Just plain common sense & logic but I've seen links before that lead directly to the webmaster's Admin section Rolling Eyes
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tchgiftsandthings wrote:
eleganzajewels wrote:
..Take your ecrater URL (while you are not logged in!)..and submit the site to the search engines..
You can't submit it to a search engine while logged in to eC?... Tom Very Happy

As long as you submit a URL that didn't include a password you are fine. In your case the URL is http://tchgiftsandthings.ecrater.com/
If you are logged in and in the admit section the URL is different becuase it included a passowrd code.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, that's correct, BigTallMensClothing. You must submit your store's URL, tchgiftsandthings, not the URL you see when you are logged in. That is the URL to your Admin panel
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eleganzajewels wrote:
Take your ecrater URL (while you are not logged in!), change something on the main page every day or two, even if only a couple of words, and submit the site to the search engines.

Submit it every day or two?
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: How often? Reply with quote

I thought I had read you can over submit - am I dreaming this? How often are we talking here?

Mary
www.cuteasbug.biz
www.cuteasabug.ecrater.com
mizemsstitchngifts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I just found my first sale on ecrater when I came home last night. WA-HOO. For the icing on the cake..payment had already been made.
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you get the bots used to the fact that your store will have very regular changes, then you don't have to submit so often, once a week is good at that point. But to start out, or to really work towards getting ranking in the search engines, smart to make changes and resubmit about twice a week or so at least.

MSN and Yahoo are not all that hard to crack if you research your keywords well and do NOT change them in your meta tags. Have been doing the change some on the homepage and resubmit a couple times of week with my main site for only a couple of months, and it's #1 on MSN right now for "cz wedding sets", check it out, over some really heavy hitters, too. Do well in Yahoo, too, but don't really care so much about that SE, seems to me most searchers on there are looking for game cheats and booby shots LOL

I did the same thing with my Ioffer store for about a year, and right now, it's #1 on virtually all of my keywords in Froogle. Too bad Ioffer sux so much now lol.

Google is the nut to crack, and so far, haven't gotten too far with the site with that one (although I AM seeing my ecrater site starting to rise in the regular rankings on Google wahooo!) My website was down for about 6 months, but before, after having it up for about a year and following those practices, it was at Google PR of 4/10. All natural, too, no Adwords or anything like that.

Not a know it all here, for sure, but have done alot of work and research on this, yeah there are those that say only submit once a month or so. Pffft I say. Cool
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Good to Know Reply with quote

Google doesn't even know I exist unless I pay it to know. Google Base is bringing in a few clicks - very few.

Good to know that it is ok to change around contrary to what you read.

Mary
www.cuteasabug.biz
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Must Have Worked Reply with quote

Received an order for 3 items today from one person - what a boost to the morale!

Changing around the page must be working.

Mary
www.cuteasabug.biz
THEFlagCompany

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cute

Your store looks very nice. Why not list on your front page what items you carry and include the brand names. That should help with the searches within EC but also on google.

Good luck with your store!
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Thank you so much! Reply with quote

Wonderful suggestion. Thank you so much for taking the time to write.

Mary
www.cuteasabug.biz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: