eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Feed Says Items Inserted But Not Coming Up In Google
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
express-dealsbay

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject: Google Feed Says Items Inserted But Not Coming Up In Google Reply with quote

Hi folks,

The most recent Ecrater Google feed status shows the following for my store -

Account Status Active
Feeds Last Updated March 1,2018 13:50:48
Feeds processing status - success
Items processed 16
Items Inserted 16

I actually have 19 items listed, but 3 of those were yesterday around the time the google feed was submitted. Not sure why the items are not showing if it says 16 items inserted.
Can someone have a look to see if any of my items are showing up in Google Shopping US. I have checked in the UK and none of them are appearing there ( they do appear in google organic search )

P.S. Do i need to submit my site URL to Google or is that also taken care of by Ecrater ?

Kind regards,
Will
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
express-dealsbay

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Sheila Postcards, do you know if because i'm a new seller my listings are not showing in Google Shopping as i'm not paying a higher placement fee yet ?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

express-dealsbay wrote:
@Sheila Postcards, do you know if because i'm a new seller my listings are not showing in Google Shopping as i'm not paying a higher placement fee yet ?

I'm not Sheila, but will I do? Smile Google has no idea of what fees we might be paying to ecrater so that isn't a problem and until you sell some things and ear any fees for ecrater which get billed two months after the month you incurred them, so that isn't a problem either.

You should be able to see your items on GS unless it is a huge amount of the same thing. ecrater is the one that sends the feeds in. However why something is or isn't happening, is hard to know.

Sheila is much better at computer stuff than me, so she may have an idea for you. I've looked at your store and I only see everything as UK prices and listings. Do you actually have a US store? Have you seen it. What is it's url and I will try to see when I have a few minutes, what I can see there.
express-dealsbay

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
express-dealsbay wrote:

I'm not Sheila, but will I do? Smile Google has no idea of what fees we might be paying to ecrater so that isn't a problem and until you sell some things and ear any fees for ecrater which get billed two months after the month you incurred them, so that isn't a problem either.

You should be able to see your items on GS unless it is a huge amount of the same thing. ecrater is the one that sends the feeds in. However why something is or isn't happening, is hard to know.

Sheila is much better at computer stuff than me, so she may have an idea for you. I've looked at your store and I only see everything as UK prices and listings. Do you actually have a US store? Have you seen it. What is it's url and I will try to see when I have a few minutes, what I can see there.

Your response is fine, thank you

The URL is https://express-dealsbay.ecrater.com

I guess im just being impatient as i read it could take a while for items to be indexed in GS
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this one on GS and in images on Google organic LEGO 10832 Duplo Town Birthday Picnic Toddler Toy New & Sealed

Couldn't find your 288 box of crayons on google, but I d id find a listing at fishpond with the same photo as yours, but hard to tell is it is your listing or not. Fishpond is a 'lovely' site that grabs seller's listings, and then lists them for more money and if they sell, they have us ship the item to them and I assume send they send it on to the buyer.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem to take longer to get your items indexed by Google Shopping on the first listing of your store. It shouldn't take so long in the future. I did a quick check for a couple of items and found them indexed in both the US and UK Google shopping sites.

Quote:
Do i need to submit my site URL to Google or is that also taken care of by Ecrater ?
To the best of my knowledge, eCrater does not submit your site URL to the organic search engines. I don't think you can submit your site to Google unless you are the webmaster. I hope someone will add more information if this isn't correct.

You can submit you site to Bing which will also include Yahoo! Once you are listed in Bing, your site will appear more quickly in DuckDuckGo (my favorite search engine). Use this link to submit to Bing: https://www.bing.com/toolbox/submit-site-url
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the best ways to find yourself on Google organic, is joining G+ and posting your listings to G+ when you list to Pinterest, etc. with the buttons on your listing pages. To be sure that my photo posts, I always wait 24 hours before promoting new listings. That gives our photos a chance to be in their permanent locations, otherwise you could end up with 'pizza boxes' as they are called - squares that come up instead of a photo.
express-dealsbay

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject: Ecrater Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
One of the best ways to find yourself on Google organic, is joining G+ and posting your listings to G+ when you list to Pinterest, etc. with the buttons on your listing pages. To be sure that my photo posts, I always wait 24 hours before promoting new listings. That gives our photos a chance to be in their permanent locations, otherwise you could end up with 'pizza boxes' as they are called - squares that come up instead of a photo.

Thanks for the advie and info, will look into setting up a G+ account.

I can now see more of my items showing up in Google organic search.

I did have boiler plate text in my listings which i have now removed
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the things you need to remember about GS is that it is not so much a global monolith. Depending on what store fronts you have active, eCRATER may be sending up to 3 feeds for you (US, UK, and/or AU) each of those feeds ends up getting advertising ranked on it's own merit within those respective GS sections. You could be very high in AU, but fighting for air in US. This also varies based on the individual listing. I glanced at one of your toy listings (looking at it from the US store front). My first reaction was the price was fine, but the shipping seemed quite high. Then I realized that you are homed in the UK, so that would be international shipping. If the same product were listed by other US centric sellers, they would likely sort out quite better in overall cost of transaction.

HTH
express-dealsbay

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

@cosmicray - as i'm a new shop owner is there a theory about because i'm new and have not paid any Invoices to Ecrater that my items wont show up in Google Shopping until i do ( higher exposure option ). I did have boiler plate text in each listing ( free shipping delivery time 5 days ) and i have removed this.

When i do the following seach in GS UK " ecrater express-dealsbay " no items show up, even though in last google feed status it said 16 items processed
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did a search in Google Shopping US for ecrater express-dealsbay and was shown 18 items. Next I did a search in Google Shopping UK for ecrater express-dealsbay and was shown 18 items. Maybe they have been indexed since you last looked OR your computer is pulling the page from your cache instead of a refreshed page.

Also, I sent you an answer to your PM last night, but you haven't checked your messages.
express-dealsbay

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

Thanks Sheila, are you positive the 18 items are showing in GS UK, and is my shop name coming up on the left hand side amongst Ebay owners etc.
Its strange its not working for me and i'm doing the same search...
express-dealsbay

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

I done a Google Search on Internet Explorer and this is what appears when i do the search ...

Showing results for ecrater express
No results for ecrater express-dealsbay
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Re Reply with quote

express-dealsbay wrote:
Thanks Sheila, are you positive the 18 items are showing in GS UK, and is my shop name coming up on the left hand side amongst Ebay owners etc.
Its strange its not working for me and i'm doing the same search...
Of course I'm sure there were 18 items showing in GS UK for the search ecrater express-dealsbay. I did the search in GS US and GS UK with a manual count of the actual items shown.

You did not originally ask about your shop name coming up on the left hand side of the page. Only Google Shopping knows how a name appears there and they aren't telling anyone. My items show in GS US, but my name does not appear on the left most of the time. I strongly suggest you delete your Google cookies before you search and you might use a different browser. Personally, I gave up on IE years ago.
express-dealsbay

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

Sorry should have mentioned about showing up on left hand side of Google shopping. I will refresh my browser and see if that works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: