eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How do I set up combined shipping with paypal on my new site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RANS-TRUSS-PLANS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: How do I set up combined shipping with paypal on my new site Reply with quote

How do I set up combined shipping on my new website so it doesn't add extra shipping to items purchased on this site? I set up the shipping to be free on each addition item purchased using Paypals shipping calculator link. It works perfect on my site as it just shows 1 amount of shipping on multiply purchases but for each item purchased here there is another amount of shipping added. I am so stressed with this lol.

Thanks!!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say your "website" do you mean your eCrater store. Or you have some other site what you want to set up shipping for.

If you are talking about eCrater store. You need to set up the shipping at eCrater. The customer should not be surprised with additional monies when they get to paying stage. To set up combined shipping the only way for you is to use the "Weight based" shipping option and set up the shipping matrix. Since you are in Canada the shipping calculator won't be of use to you.

Since you haven't stated how exactly you want to set up your shipping, can't help you with the details at the moment.

Please read: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2461
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can have PayPal charge shipping on one sale and not on another.
UNLESS you can tell PayPal to charge shipping based on the email address used for the seller PP account. PP allows like 10 email address per PP account. Then you would just have to use one here for the PP account and one on your other site for the PP account.

BUT I personally have never had PP add my shipping in because as a buyer I want to see the shipping BEFORE I have to enter my payment information ... so I don't know if PP adds shipping my your email used or by the account as a whole.
RANS-TRUSS-PLANS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I mean on a website non ecrater. I tried using different email addresses but the shipping calculator settings through Paypal is the same for 2 of the email addresses. So it is still the same.
RANS-TRUSS-PLANS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the shipping amount shown above the add to cart button and you can see your cart with the shipping amount before paying with Paypal. Can I put a link here to my site to show you what I mean?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: