eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Promotional code?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erinmtz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Promotional code? Reply with quote

I had a recent order that hasn't been paid for yet. The buyer emailed me and said she had a promotional code for the website I'm selling on -eCrater - and can she use it on my products. Has anyone heard anything about a promo code? It's news to me. If so, how do I do it?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCrater doesn't have promotional codes. Cause eCrater itself doesn't sell anything. Could it be that she found a promo code for some other eCrater seller and confused you? Or maybe she is just trying her luck to reduce the price of the item.

If you have some coupon code you prepared at Google Checkout you can give the buyer the code so she can use it during payment.

Is that what you want to do?

You can create a coupon code from your Google Checkout account Tools section. There is a link to create coupon. the rest should be self explanatory. You enter stuff and make a note of the code you generated. Then make that code available to customers (post on your website, email, post it in your advertisements, etc etc. Whatever you decide).
erinmtz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply. I don't use Google checkout so I guess she got that code from someone else. I'll just tell her I don't take promo codes. Can I make a Paypal promo code, I wonder?
acread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is a way to make a coupon with PayPal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: