eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Category and subcategory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
artjewelry-byvmartin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Category and subcategory Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I someone can help me figure this out. I have already uploaded my pictures, but when I go to preview and click on a picture or a name under the subcategory, only one picture shows up instead of all the pictures in that particular catergory. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Does this have to do with "bulk" where you need to have 100 or more items - because I don't have nearly that much. I appreciate any help you can give. Thanks, Vivian
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
when I go to preview and click on a picture or a name under the subcategory, only one picture shows up instead of all the pictures in that particular catergory

Your first FEATURED cateory on your home page is Daisy - DS
When you click on it - it show ALL the items you have in that category - Categories > Face Relief Art Jewelry > Daisy - DS

If you had 5 items in the subcategory of Daisy - DS then all 5 items would show. But you don't. You only have one item in that category.

If you put the image on the Category called Face Relief Art Jewelry it would then show ALL 7 items you currently have in the 7 sub-categories.

You really should NOT make a sub-category for each item. You will end up with buyers tired of clicking really soon. Unless you have at least 20 or so items for a specific category I personally wouldn't make a sub-category.

Quote:
Does this have to do with "bulk" where you need to have 100 or more items

ABSOLUTELY NOT!
It's because you made a sub-category for every item you have.
artjewelry-byvmartin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: subcategory Reply with quote

I appreciate your help, thank you. I'm going to follow through with your suggestion - makes sense.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: