eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

First page missing on my products page
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing is the price search is gone now. It must have been causing the trouble and was taken out.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
3finedesign

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are still problems with the search as well.

I've noticed that when you search specific (using words in the title of your item), the items appear in reverse order in the search results. For example, items that I listed a few days ago (that used to appear at the top of the search) are now at the bottom of the list as if they're the oldest items (listings) for that criteria. In some cases, the search results show up oldest to newest rather than newest to oldest & in other cases items seem to be appearing in random order. This isn't happening in the main GLOBAL CATEGORY (they appear in the correct order when listed) but rather in search specific (ie, putting in "Leather Brooch" as my criteria) they appear out of order using the general or advanced search.

In addition, the most recent item (Leather & Glass Brooch) that I listed a day ago ONLY appears in it's GLOBAL CATEGORY (handcrafted artisan jewelry) & does not appear in any specific general or advanced search when using criteria to try to locate it. I can use any combination of words in the listing title & the search will NOT pull it up. This is only true for the item that I listed a day ago. The older items that I listed (more than 48 hours ago) all appear in the search (when searched specific), however, out of order. They ONLY appear in the order they were listed if you click on their respective GLOBAL CATEGORIES & look for them page by page (not using the search function).

One last tidbit, the Leather & Glass Brooch that I mentioned above does NOT show up when using my store search either.

Hopefully, Ecrater is still working on their search & this will be ironed out in time.
3finedesign

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEAH! The good news is that my missing item is now showing up in the search. Very Happy

However, the bad news is that the items are still appearing in the incorrect order in the search results - oldest to newest rather than newest to oldest. Hopefully, that'll get resolved in time as well. Keeping fingers crossed. Wink
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: