eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

An Item Sold; no Shipping Cost Billed!@!!@!@!@!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arctic-Treasures-And-Books

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: An Item Sold; no Shipping Cost Billed!@!!@!@!@! Reply with quote

Sold a $40 item today. Payment came through with no shipping charge shown or included.
I checked the listing, and it showed weight-dependable with a 1.9 lb. weight.

I emailed the Buyer that I couldn't ship the item until the situation was resolved. I don't know if it's an eCRATER or Google problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kristina
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without knowing the facts it's hard to help

A link to the item in question might be useful

what type of shipping are you charging? Looks like you use the shipping calculator -- the back up for that is the shipping matrix -- do you have that filled in and have the proper weight on the item??
acread

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have shipping methods selected in your USPS Calculated Shipping (aka shipping calculator. located in Options)?

Do you have a 5 digit (not a 9 digit) zipcode entered for your address?

Do you have the shipping matrix filled for that destination under the 2 lb (if you didn't have any other items in the order. If there were you need to look under the total order weight)?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USPS Calculated Shipping option was enabled. I haven't used the Shipping Matrix before...but I guess I'll be working on getting it filled in now! Shocked

5-digit zip code was filled in.

I've had 9 or 10 orders previous to this with no problems whatsoever.

Is there a way I can invoice them for the shipping costs now?
acread

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that is the issue. Google Checkout is sometimes too impatient with USPS website. They only wait like 3 seconds for a response and if it doesn't get the answer in that time the backup option goes into effect (read: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=13030 and http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=14678 ). Since you have selected "weight based shipping" that would be the shipping matrix. And since you said you didn't fill it the amount eCrater takes is what is already there (which is zero dolar).

Don't try to invoice the customer. First contact the customer and explain that there has been a technical problem and see if the customer will be willing to pay for the shipping. If the customer says OK cancel the current order and then invoice the customer. You can send an invoice through Google Checkout. (There is no way to invoice through eCrater).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the help!
Very Happy
I'll definitely be adding the Shipping Matrix. Looks like it will take some time to complete...I have to be very careful about shipping costs since I'm selling from Alaska...especially since the USPS rates keep skyrocketing! Crying or Very sad

Arctic Treasures and Books
carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - I'm having problems or more like confused! So, if you check shipping calculater and put in your zip code and you put in your shipping methods in like USPS priority mail and parcel post in Google, it doesn't really calculate the shipping charge based on the weight that you put in and the zip code of the buyer?
kjscreations

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No... not IN google... in ecrater's shipping calculator.

When a customer checks out with google... google connects to USPS (If you are using the calculator) Sometimes USPS is running slow so google "thinks... oops... no shipping cost there, let me see if the matrix has anything at ecrater." If you don't have amounts there... then google "thinks... Oh, nothing there either... must be free".
Laughing I hope that made sense.
carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - so with Google check-out, if someone buys something and uses Google. The shipping will calculate based on actual USPS, but if it doesn't do it fast enough, Google will just use whatever I have in the matrix instead?
This could be a little tricky with an item that weighs between 2 and 3 lbs like pottery - the USPS Priority Mail cost ranges from $5.50 to $11.95 depending on where it is being shipped to in the U.S. and that doesn't include insurance. This is not good Sad
I can't get my Google to work anyhow. The PayPal checkout is working fine. Keeps giving me the Oooops error and I've checked and rechecked. This is getting to be a bummer Sad Sad Sad
acread

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolinabluelady wrote:
OK - so with Google check-out, if someone buys something and uses Google. The shipping will calculate based on actual USPS, but if it doesn't do it fast enough, Google will just use whatever I have in the matrix instead?
This could be a little tricky with an item that weighs between 2 and 3 lbs like pottery - the USPS Priority Mail cost ranges from $5.50 to $11.95 depending on where it is being shipped to in the U.S. and that doesn't include insurance. This is not good Sad
I can't get my Google to work anyhow. The PayPal checkout is working fine. Keeps giving me the Oooops error and I've checked and rechecked. This is getting to be a bummer Sad Sad Sad

I just looked it is not saying Oops.

Why didn't you ask about it before? There is a topic in FAQ section of the forum about Google Checkout where I posted what to check when you have an Ooops error.
carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had read the Ooops forum (over & over) and was still trying to figure out how to get Google to work. I had typed the ID codes and even though they were right it wouldn't work. So after my last post here and taking a 15 minute break, I decided to try one more time. I copied and pasted the ID codes from the e-mail I had gotten from Google and it finally worked. So the key is you need to copy and paste - you can't type them in. Must be a font thing. Only copying and pasting works for these ID codes. I've been working on this all week and was getting frustrated. Thanks.
acread

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolinabluelady wrote:
I had read the Ooops forum (over & over) and was still trying to figure out how to get Google to work. I had typed the ID codes and even though they were right it wouldn't work. So after my last post here and taking a 15 minute break, I decided to try one more time. I copied and pasted the ID codes from the e-mail I had gotten from Google and it finally worked. So the key is you need to copy and paste - you can't type them in. Must be a font thing. Only copying and pasting works for these ID codes. I've been working on this all week and was getting frustrated. Thanks.

It is case sensitive. You might have used the wrong case letter. You might have missed a character. Stuff happens.

But if you look at the topic I talked about that is not the only reason that Ooops message appears. That is why I had to compile all the things that caused it into a post.

(There is no way for me to know what you did after your post here. There are other people who read these topics and never post. It is always good to direct people to where the info is. Plus remind where more info might be found and encourage to ask. Guess some times it doesn't sound to others as I mean it.)
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading this topic I understand why I stick with fixed rate shipping. I was going to attempt the matrix this year but I'm having second thoughts. Google works just fine with fixed rate. It's a pain with all the shipping rate increases but at least if something sells before I get the rates increased I am only losing 50c to $1 and not the whole shipping amount.
candybarwrappers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too maggie.... depending on the store... I use fixed rate when i have everything from 1 oz to 12 LBs.
Some of my stores have all the same type of items so then I set up the matrix really easily.
I won't use the calculator just yet. It's like getting the NEWest version of windows..... wait a bit so the "kinks" get worked out.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: